Trapshooters Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody use a cracoil recoil reducer for low gun shooting such as sporting or fitasc

if so how do you like it --thinking of having one installed

·
Registered
196 Posts
I think you mean GraCoil???

I personally don't have it installed but I've seen a number of FITASC shooters with this and other recoil reducing devices. The gap between the pad and stock shouldn't cause any problems with your mount if that's what you're worried about.

·
Banned
2,562 Posts
I recently bought a stock with a gracoil. I have really enjoyed it. I am ordering a bumpbuster for my primary gun tomorrow. I have had the opportunity to try a hydraulic type by a couple different suppliers. I have found them to be a little better than the spring only gracoil.

·
Registered
764 Posts
I have a gracoil, I love it. Recoil is not an issue anymore. 300 targets and I dont know I even shot a gun. I recommend them, there are many others as well, do some research on all of them then decide.

·
Registered
6,231 Posts
Gracoil probably outsells most of the other brands combined, and for good reason. They're simple, durable, and effective. Factory support is excellent too.

-Gary

·
Registered
21,599 Posts
I believe the OP wants to know how the GraCoil works when shooting from a low gun such as in skeet, sporting clays etc. more so than how the system works in general. But yes, great system.

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks to all that responded.the gracoil seems to be the best bang for the buck with the ajustable spring tention- the bump buster Im sure is a good unit if not better.the gracoil 5/16" travel. the bumpbuster has .20" of travel whitch does not seem like much but it must be.

·
Registered
6,231 Posts
Goof point, Matt.

For Low-Gun, simply add a Kick-eez "Sporting Clay" pad. That keeps it from hanging up on your clothing as you shoulder the gun. See link above.

-Gary

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
GW22-- I have been shooting a kickeez pad for 20 years & now at 53 year of age my shoulders are wearing out-- looking for a little more relief --I already have 3 Berettas & a superX 1 auto --chasing shells suck for reloading.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.