Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
3,158 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HOMOSEXUALS YES, OUTSPOKEN CHRISTIAN MEN NO! My wife and I and my two sons and their families eat at Cracker Barrel a few times a week but after just seeing the news that this corporation has decided to pull some Duck Dynasty merchandise that won't be happening any more and I've called both the local restaurant and the corporate offices to tell them why. Their "downhome" country image is just a facade.

·
Registered
6,078 Posts
I also had a problem with Cracker Barrel a few years ago. My mother wanted to return a t-shirt for the correct size (unworn with tags) They toid her they didn't have the same one and there would be a ten percent restocking fee for a refund because she had it over so many days. I then told the manager that they had the money to work on for ninety days also. I haven't been to a CB since. ed

·
Molon Labe
11,993 Posts
Done, glad of it too my wife used to like to stop there to eat, and I thought it was wayyyy over rated

·
Registered
3,966 Posts
Done with them as well. Not a fan of Duck Dynasty....but it's the point and the knee jerk response by A & E (done with them too) Cracker Barrel, Dicks and anyone else that withdraws because of the publicity and political correctness.

I vote with my dollars.

·
Registered
25,277 Posts
Relatives took us to a Cracker Barrel in Council Bluffs. They loved it. I thought the food was average and the place reeked of bitter, acrid, oily tobacco smoke. The air was foggy with it. Our clothes stank when we left. My lungs were damaged from pneumonia three years prior, and I had a coughing fit for two days. I don't ever want to see a Cracker Barrel again.

·
Registered
6,078 Posts
daddiooo...has Dicks pulled duck dynasty merchandise as well? You mentioned them. If these businesses think they make more money on **** than normal people they are going to see drastic shrinkage in cash flow and profits. Competition in the marketplace doesn't leave much room for error. Political correctness doesn't buy much but the almighty dollar does. ed

·
Registered
6,237 Posts
I think you guys got it wrong. Hear me out.

I may be wrong, it will not be the first time. I think Cracker Barrel is in support of the Duck guys and pulling the merchandise to protest the A&E promoters. Whoever owns and is marketing the trendy stuff is who is making the big money. The duck Guys are making a penny or two for the royalty. The Duck family is not in the T shirt, hat, poster, and coffee cup business.

The article I read said Cracker Barrel is fine selling "DUCK COMMANDER" merchandise the IS from the families business.

PLEASE look into this and not punish Cracker Barrel for doing the right thing. I purposely set up my lunch date on Monday at Cracker Barrel.

·
Registered
3,158 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I talked to the retail manager at a local Cracker Barrel - they got directives from corporate to pull "certain" Duck Dynasty merchandise. So I'm assuming anything and everything that has that horrible, bible thumping, Gay/Lesbian/Transgendered hating old man on it is gone.

·
Registered
606 Posts
Duck COMMANDER stuff is owned by the Robinson family. Duck DYNASTY stuff is from A&E. We are fine buying the COMMANDER brand, not so with the DYNASTY brand.
e-mail A&E @ " [email protected] " and tell them your opinion.

ctreay

·
Registered
6,078 Posts
Just called my local Cracker Barrel and had a pleasant conversation with a manager named Ken (of course I didn't tell him I had already been boycotting for a few years) Told him I heard a rumor that they stopped selling Duck merchandise and he said it was not true...but if they do the decision will be from corporate. I told him that if it happens I would not be happening into Cracker Barrel and if the decision is made apparently they value a minority more than the business from a majority that is normal. Conversation was pleasant on both ends and he thanked me for my input and says the company values such comments. Is it possible they stopped selling certain items as in the thread above but not other items? I feel to pull any items is an assault on freedom of speech. ed

·
Registered
3,966 Posts
Trapperwads,

My reference to Dicks was in regards to them pulling guns after the Sandy Hook shootings. The reasoning is basically the same, knee jerk reaction due to publicity and political correctness as A & E and CB have done. As far as I'm concerned the list of the number of places and establishments where I do not spend my hard earned $ is getting longer all the time.

I applaude Chick-Fil-A for their stand against the GLAAD idiots when that whole flap went down.

I vote with my dollars.

·
Registered
6,078 Posts
So do I daddiooo...I will not support any organization that fosters any liberal cause. Cancelled my gannett newspaper many months ago. I now give to veterans charities and church. I know no one person alone can put a business under but collectively we are much stronger and will prevail. ed

·
Registered
8,218 Posts
trapper, what church doesn't support some liberal causes?

·
Registered
6,078 Posts
I send a donation to the RBC ministries and I don't know of any liberal causes they support. If you do please inform me so I can make a decision. I do not donate to any charity that I know of that supports liberal causes. My son is a pastor and they condemn the sin, not the sinner. ed

·
Registered
6,078 Posts
BULLETIN...just got a message that cracker barrel has heard us. They are putting all Duck merchandise back on the shelves. We have won again! First it was the News Journal that published gun owners names and addresses. Subscription and advertiser cancellations led to the firing of 26 employees including the editor and now we have made Cracker Barrel see the light. If A&E doesn't cave..they too will feel the sting from dollars lost. ed

1 - 18 of 18 Posts