Trapshooters Forum banner

161 - 180 of 222 Posts

·
Registered
2,549 Posts
Why is it always the virtue signaling mask wearers that feel their moral superiority entitles them to be rude? I don’t wear one and if that bothers you then tough. If you’re frightened by a fellow man without a mask, then sucks to be you. I will cheerfully stay out of businesses that don’t want my money.

·
Registered
15,430 Posts
Discussion Starter #165

·
Registered
7,310 Posts
It seems that masks have become a demarcation of political lines. If so the mask wearing democrats on this side are outnumbered 2:1.

·
Registered
3,754 Posts
I watched the entire clip.

So I am going to challenge everyone that has said that I need to shut up and not argue that the mask is BS to watch this and find anything I have written that doesn't say the same thing that is being said in this program?

There may be posts that are vague or not as complete as they should be. But I from training and testing and medical evaluations have always spoken to what these OSHA compliance trainers are saying !!!!!!

The mask is not only BS, there has been criminal activity in not enforcing the regulatory compliance for training, testing and medical evaluation in the "WEAR THE MASK!" blanket orders!

The claim that Trump doesn't follow science or listen to scientists?

None of those ordering the wearing of masks or enforcing those orders! gives a rats behind about science! The science behind testing training and medical evaluation!

Testing training and medical evaluation that I had to do twenty to forty hours of training on every year for the first 13 years of 33. From year 14 to the end because of joining the emergency response team that training tripled and quadrupled 60 to 160 hours of training, every year. Testing and medical evaluation. Testing to make sure the masks I was using fit and sealed properly with medical evaluation to insure that my lungs were at a level of function to safely use even paper respiratory protection masks.

An I an expert? Far from it! But I will but my working knowledge up against any so called expert!!!!!

Al

·
Registered
7,310 Posts
@Big Az Al

You are spot on and I think we have had the same accusations.

The mindset of the lefties is that you cannot have a differing opinion and should you have a different opinion you must be silenced and made fun of and/or ridiculed by people purporting to be a better class of people because they are following the sheep herd.

If you haven't noticed, as more and more TRUTHS come out about this virus those very people have been fading away and not making their righteous claims on how we have been inconsiderate and dangerous to others.

For those who are in the danger demographics they need to make choices based on facts which are best for them and if that means staying home then that is what they should choose.

Thanks for sticking with me through this pandemic - remember the saying "we are in this together" - We actually means you, me and a few others. LOL :)

·
Registered
3,403 Posts
I look at it this way.
Event A: Someone observes that mask wearers are less likely to become infected.
Event B: They have people at risk wear masks to see if they actually are protected
Event C: They study exhalation with and without a mask to see if infected people might pose less risk to non infected people if they have a mask on.
Event D: With a specific hypothesis, you prove or disprove mask use as an effective measure.
After studying the evidence, you mandate mask use if it proves more benefit than harm.

As I see it, only event C has been done. Droplet studies suggest that infected people might be a lower risk to non-infected people if the infected wear a mask. I take it as undisputed truth that non infected people are not a risk to others with our without a mask.

Event A has not occurred. Even though people WANT it to be true. Event B has been proven false unless the masks and other measures are used far beyond the equipment we are discussing. Event C is debatable, not wearing a mask during surgery has not been shown to increase the infection rate and the mechanism of droplet contamination is essentially the same, except it is an open wound and not inhaled. Event D has not occurred.

Yet mask use has been warranted for everyone, even the healthy, on the theory that it might help slow transmission. I must be a very bad, bad person for thinking like this?

·
Registered
15,430 Posts
Discussion Starter #170
Very High Stakes
Political Theater

·
Registered
297 Posts
Why isn't everyone standing in line to tar & feather the fine folks at the CDC and WHO? We've known about masks for 100 years. There has been many studies showing the effects (or lack there of) on the transmission of viruses and bacteria over the past 40 years. If wearing a simple mask is effective in lowering the chance of getting Covid 19...why haven't the above organizations strongly advocated wearing masks during cold & flu seasons past? Think of all the deaths and misery that could have been avoided over the years if the CDC and WHO had warned us earlier. I think a class action lawsuit is in order along with a bipartisan Senate investigation. The last part is tongue in cheek for those with no sense of humor...

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
After reading all of this, I have come to many conclusions.

1. The people who don't want to wear a mask will find a way to believe it won't help. Somewhat like the people who bucked mandatory seatbelts in the 70-80s. "If I don't wear a seatbelt, I can be thrown clear from the wreckage". "I just don't like them and the government can shove it, nobody is going to tell me what to do"

2. There are still people who don't understand the premise of the mask. They call it a "fear mask", and are too manly to wear one. Those comments just show that they don't understand that when they see a person wearing one, it is out of consideration (true or false) of others. To me, it is part of being a gentleman and showing I at least care enough, even about the sneering manly man, to try not to infect others, just as I would cover my cough or sneeze in public.

3. Ask yourself this. If you are in a store and someone walks right up to you because they want the cereal that you are about to select, would you really prefer that they were not wearing a mask?

4. If you had a brain tumor, would you go to the Mayo clinic for their advise on the best course of action, or post on Trapshooters, then follow the majority opinions of those that responded?

·
Registered
3,754 Posts

1. The people who don't want to wear a mask will find a way to believe it won't help. Somewhat like the people who bucked mandatory seatbelts in the 70-80s. "If I don't wear a seatbelt, I can be thrown clear from the wreckage". "I just don't like them and the government can shove it, nobody is going to tell me what to do"

2. There are still people who don't understand the premise of the mask. They call it a "fear mask", and are too manly to wear one. Those comments just show that they don't understand that when they see a person wearing one, it is out of consideration (true or false) of others. To me, it is part of being a gentleman and showing I at least care enough, even about the sneering manly man, to try not to infect others, just as I would cover my cough or sneeze in public.

3. Ask yourself this. If you are in a store and someone walks right up to you because they want the cereal that you are about to select, would you really prefer that they were not wearing a mask?

4. If you had a brain tumor, would you go to the Mayo clinic for their advise on the best course of action, or post on Trapshooters, then follow the majority opinions of those that responded?
The conclusion I come to from reading this post is

TROLL ALERT!!!!!!!!!!!

Because I with to much training in the using respiratory protection safely. Have seen the total Bulls&!+ in this mask mandate!

I have worn Self Contained Breathing Apparatus to protect me from, vapors of liquid chlorine, NASH (sodium hydrogen sulfate) and high concentration sulfur dioxide. I have been told by people that don't know, "you can wear chemical respirator _, for the same protection." In a leak situation that chemical respirator protection time? A whopping 15 seconds if only vapor is leaking. If it is liquid leak? One breath!

Can anyone say spryrommeter? That is a medical exhalation test to test that your lung capacity so you get cleared to wear respiratory protection. It tests that your lungs can move enough air so that your C02 levels stay at a safe level. FROM serious workplace accidents a government agency OSHA has by regulations required the medical evaluation and respiratory protection use training. What kicks in this OSHA training requirement? Wearing anything that may interfere with breathing in the workplace!

Those doctors wearing surgical masks? They have to be trained! Hours of every year training!

How much training went with the wear a mask mandate?

Zero!

Al

·
Registered
29,297 Posts

If you are really that compassionate about health and life of your fellow man, you should be in favor of total gun ban. Guns kill people and people should not have them. Are you on board for that? I mean after all, if it would save one life,...... How about automobiles?

·
Registered
2,549 Posts
It’s not my Job to make little virtue signaling leftists feel good about their little masks. My freedom doesn’t end where your paranoia begins

·
Registered
7,310 Posts

I don't give a crap about a person at a store breathing on a box of cereal that I am reaching for has a mask or not. The 316 other people have already been up and down the aisle breathing with or without masks and that tiny little virus is already on that box so the mask won't protect me from getting it on me nor will it protect me when I load the crap in my truck and it sure as hell work protect me when I am not wearing my mask to put the groceries in the cabinet.

From one gentleman to another, stay home wearing your mask 24 hours a day and don't come out in public. Waking up in the morning is dangerous enough but walking out your front door commands you to take some responsibility in assuming that risk is a part of life.

You are another fine example of the low life garbage that hovers on CNN and has allowed the media to control your life. The Internet is an amazing tool, learn to use it and the truth about this virus is out there.

·
Registered
3,403 Posts

False. I don't want to wear a mask because no-one has shown it will be a benefit. Prior to Covid19 I had a decade of continuing education thrown at me about how a simple face cover was of no benefit. Re-watch Fauci from 7 months ago, he was clearly explaining what was known from the past few decades of research. Nothing new has been learned about masks in the last 7 months. But you can learn that doctors who become politicians are more like politicians than doctors. And you will also notice that even people who know better will knuckle under and get right in line if it means the government will let them stay in business.

But I sure do WISH a piece of cloth in front of your face WAS the solution, wouldn't that be nice?

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
I would guess some of you really hate to see No Shoes, No Shirt, No Service signs. That really crushes a man's freedom having to be be properly dressed for best public interest. Maskhole may actually be the person who refuses to do as asked. Are those folks who believe a person should wear pants in public paranoid too?

Rick asks if I want to get rid of guns and cars. Of course I don't. Who believes speed limits should be up to the individual driver?

To assume that someone that might believe the Mayo Clinic over an OSHA trained person must be a liberal, is like assuming every gun owner must belong to some right wing militia group. Does being conservative require one to be inconsiderate too?
When did medical recommendations become political.
My prior question stands. Would you prefer a stranger next to you not wear a mask?

·
Registered
29,297 Posts
I would guess some of you really hate to see No Shoes, No Shirt, No Service signs. That really crushes a man's freedom having to be be properly dressed for best public interest. Maskhole may actually be the person who refuses to do as asked. Are those folks who believe a person should wear pants in public paranoid too?

Rick asks if I want to get rid of guns and cars. Of course I don't. Who believes speed limits should be up to the individual driver?

To assume that someone that might believe the Mayo Clinic over an OSHA trained person must be a liberal, is like assuming every gun owner must belong to some right wing militia group. Does being conservative require one to be inconsiderate too?
When did medical recommendations become political.
My prior question stands. Would you prefer a stranger next to you not wear a mask?
i think you are a hypocrite that you do not want to ban all firearms if it would save just one life. The medical industry which includes the Mayo Clinic and Johns Hopkins have long ago declared guns are a public health hazard. Why are you ignoring the medical experts on this issue? What if some stranger next to you had a gun.

People die in car accidents all the time, even when wearing seatbelts and obeying the speed limit. An example is two cars traveling the speed limit at 75 MPH, hit head on. Even with seatbelts, the impact will be devastating to the occupants. What if some stranger in the car next to you is driving drunk?

161 - 180 of 222 Posts