15,430 Posts
Discussion Starter #201

·
Registered
3,403 Posts
Canadian study:

jk
From one of your links

"The paper evaluates the dynamic impact of various policies adopted by US states on the growth rates of confirmed Covid-19 cases and deaths as well as social distancing behavior measured by Google Mobility Reports, where we take into consideration people's voluntarily behavioral response to new information of transmission risks in a causal structural model framework. Our analysis finds that both policies and information on transmission risks are important determinants of Covid-19 cases and deaths and shows that a change in policies explains a large fraction of observed changes in social distancing behavior. Our main counterfactual experiments suggest that nationally mandating face masks for employees early in the pandemic could have reduced the weekly growth rate of cases and deaths by more than 10 percentage points in late April and could have led to as much as 19 to 47 percent less deaths nationally by the end of May, which roughly translates into 19 to 47 thousand saved lives. We also find that, without stay-at-home orders, cases would might have been larger by 6 to 63 percent and without business closures, cases would might have been larger by 17 to 78 percent. We find considerable uncertainty over the effects of school closures due to lack of cross-sectional variation; we could not robustly rule out either large or small effects. Overall, substantial declines in growth rates are attributable to private behavioral response, but policies played an important role as well. We also carry out sensitivity analyses to find neighborhoods of the models under which the results hold robustly: the results on mask policies appear to be much more robust than the results on business closures and stay-at-home orders. Finally, we stress that our study is observational and therefore should be interpreted with great caution. From a completely agnostic point of view, our findings uncover predictive effects (association) of observed policies and behavioral changes on future health outcomes, controlling for informational and other confounding variables."

Sorry, had to correct the assertion that something "would" have happened with the more accurate "might have" terminology, or perhaps "we predict," since it was not an observation just a calculation. They even admit that later in the abstract. It is easy to confuse correlation with causation. A mask mandate would might have aggravated people and made them stay at home refusing to comply, which would be more effective than putting a mask on, but have nothing to do with wearing a mask. There, I did it to myself too.

·
Registered
3,403 Posts
A Centers for Disease Control report released in September shows that masks and face coverings are not effective in preventing the spread of COVID-19, even for those people who consistently wear them.

Everyone knows that mask does not protect the wearer. The mask believers are claiming that 100% of the people need to wear them, so that a fraction of the population who might be contagious and not know it might be less contagious with a mask on. There will never be any proof of that claim, and they will continue to besmirch any who object to that claim.

edit: I attempted some math, but figured I did it wrong so I deleted it.

·
Registered
7,310 Posts
This has already been stated but now we're hearing about spiking numbers, hospitals are packed and so on. My point is how does this happen with all the mask mandates. Could it be that masks don't work is right before our eyes?
The spike happened because the mail in ballots are in the hands of voters. It will disappear in 20 days.

With 7.2 billion (sarcastic) confirmed case in the world I still do not personally know a single person who has had it or even a positive test.

·
Registered
2,223 Posts
Think about your supreme leader.

·
Registered
3,403 Posts
The spike happened because the mail in ballots are in the hands of voters. It will disappear in 20 days.

With 7.2 billion (sarcastic) confirmed case in the world I still do not personally know a single person who has had it or even a positive test.
Ducknut: My wife had it. I cared for her and did not get any symptoms. Neither did my daughter, both of us living with an infected person. It caused both pulmonary and systemic complications for her, but she recovered. Lost some vision in one eye after it was all done. Crappy doctors overlooked lab tests showing severe systemic involvement and sent her home from the ER. Now I wonder if that wasn't a bad thing, maybe they would have hurt her trying to treat her if they kept her. I know two other people whose spouse had it, but they did not get symptoms despite caring for them.

·
Registered
3,754 Posts
I saw on PBS the public indoctrination site how Trump was attacked in the town hall for saying, "85 percent of those that caught covid-19 were wearing masks." PBS doubled down with a bunch of almost scientists debunking this.

But they never covered any science, just personal opinion couched as science. I wonder how many sheeples are blindly following those personal opinions?

Al

·
Registered
3,169 Posts

I know several people that have had it but the symptoms were no worse than a common cold. My 35 year old daughter had it and NEVER had a symptom. There are much more tests being conducted so yeah, more positives.

·
Registered
3,403 Posts
Um...never used the stuff.
Didnt mean you...I meant them! Lol. The ones hiding and whining for safety all the time. Especially the ones who claim masks aren't political then accuse me of not wearing one because of politics. Show me the proof RichUSA, that's all ya gotta do.

Heck, I will wear a BIDEN mask if you can prove masks are effective.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

201 - 220 of 222 Posts