Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 20 of 222 Posts

·
Registered
7,247 Posts
She also says that seat belts are a fad. And condom ruin everything. And sunscreen is for idiots, And helmets mess up your hair. And "I'M a doctor so your and idiot"
Did you get a Nobel Prize in medicine?

Two Nobel recipients have some very interesting things to say about this virus. I'm not a doctor but I sure did enjoy hearing what two true experts without an agenda had to say.

·
Registered
452 Posts
Did you get a Nobel Prize in medicine?

Two Nobel recipients have some very interesting things to say about this virus. I'm not a doctor but I sure did enjoy hearing what two true experts without an agenda had to say.
Who were they? Can you name them, so I can read what they said?

·
Premium Member
371 Posts
Our esteemed governor just extended the Wisconsin mask mandate until November 21. I guess it doesn't matter much though since when you get out of the big cities (read Democratic areas) nobody pays attention to the mandate anyways.

Jim

·
Premium Member
603 Posts
Noel's video is very irresponsible - junk "science" for sure.

Give this a read.

jk

·
Registered
292 Posts
Real data on mask use and Influenza below....I'll say it again...if wearing a mask prevented people from getting the flu or a cold...we would have been wearing them for the last 100 years and would have just about eradicated the disease. We didn't just discover masks this year. It just isn't that simple. There is more than 40 years of studies that come to the same conclusion. Nothing has changed.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,752 Posts

·
Registered
292 Posts
If you want to read the definitive book on Influenza transmission, click on the link below. It will take you to "DropBox"; if you don't have an account already, don't worry the book will open up and you can download it via the "Download button" in the upper right corner beside the "Sign In" button or just read the book on-line. It was written by Edgar Hope-Simpson who studied influenza transmission for 50 years. You'll see SARs CoV-2 is just another Coronavirus, behaving like Coronavirus's do. Nothing we have done has changed its behavior. It's technical. It's long. Has a bunch of graphs. But when you are finished reading...you'll be armed with the the truth. By the way, this book is available on Amazon for $100 in paperback or $400 hardcover. You're welcome ;-)

https://www.dropbox.com/s/4yda40j4hf9...

·
Registered
13,392 Posts
Masks MAY offer some benefit in helping prevent an infected person from spreading what they currently have. However, you need to view them as a window screen and not a window, will it catch some or possibly most, maybe, will it catch everything, no way.

HOWEVER, does the GREATLY increased touching of the face, putting on and taking off of the mask, and breathing back of ones own CO2 and germ particles put the WEARER at greater risk? Does wearing a hot moist piece of cloth over your face for extended periods of time mean that you are pretty much walking around with a petri dish strapped to your face, INCREASING the odds that something will land on it and grow? What percentage are actually wearing an effective mask (low), and what percentage are wearing that effective mask correctly (even lower)?

In my opinion, wearing a mask is about as effective as airport security. It's all theater to make you FEEL safer, when in fact the majority of it's benefit is simply that FEELING, while providing little actual safety.

At the end of the day, I fully expect that once all this settles out and the science is no longer politically motivated that the determination will be that masks did very little, and wearing one was greatly detrimental to the wearer. They've already come out and said that wearing a gaiter as a mask (which NYS and I believe most states say is acceptable) is WORSE than wearing nothing at all. They have also come out to say the vented N95 masks are worse than nothing since they only filter in and not out, and actually focus the outward flow.

·
Registered
15,374 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

[QUOTE="Drew Hause, post: 8569078,]
But we all choose to believe whoever tells us what we already believe, esp. when we lack the intellectual curiosity or capacity to critically analyze what we read.
[/QUOTE]

·
Registered
4,752 Posts
The short version summary of Hope-Simpson, and free, from 2008
On the epidemiology of influenza

More on Vitamin D from 2018

Or, like RemDog, when, lacking the capacity to adequately communicate and rationally debate, we could devolve into infantile memes. What is the flavor of the Kool-Aid in your fish tank Dog?

·
Registered
191 Posts
I don't mind if people are anti or pro mask but at our club in Illinois you need to wear a mask!! Because if we get fined, the idiot without the mask who got us the fine will piss and moan, and not pay our $2500 fine. So be respectful of signs that state "wear a mask", because you could get a business fined because of your obstinance.

·
Registered
13,392 Posts
I don't mind if people are anti or pro mask but at our club in Illinois you need to wear a mask!! Because if we get fined, the idiot without the mask who got us the fine will piss and moan, and not pay our $2500 fine. So be respectful of signs that state "wear a mask", because you could get a business fined because of your obstinance.
It's not the "idiot's" fault the club got fined, it's your clubs responsibility to enforce it if they want to.

That's like saying it's a drunk driver's fault the bar overserved him, he got caught, and the bar lost it's license because of it.

The club provides the venue, it's up to the club if they want to risk the fine or risk losing members. If the can afford to roll the dice, they'll probably risk the fine, since risking losing members has a larger and longer consequence.

If someone comes in without a mask and the club has taken a firm stance that they aren't willing to risk a fine, tell them to leave, if they refuse call the police and have them trespassed off. Actually very simple. There is NO chance the club will get a fine for someone not wearing a mask that doesn't necessitate the club being to blame.

If the club turns a blind eye and get's fined, it's the clubs fault. They can either risk the fine, or risk alienating their clientele, and I suppose the economics of both will dictate the outcomes.

·
Registered
191 Posts
I agree!! We ask them to leave, then the next person comes in with a mask, then goes to the other room and takes mask off. We have been on people and it's a constant battle.

1 - 20 of 222 Posts