Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
3,689 Posts
I cut down a grove (copse?) Of spruce and pine. A project that I'd been putting off. I'm not the best lumberjack. A couple of the big ones got away from me. The resulting repairs should keep me busy for a while.

·
Vendor
831 Posts
My projects are no where near as fun, has all been basic yard work after coming out of winter. I normally travel a bunch for work, so have never been this far ahead in the yard.

I did clean one of my daughter's guns. Planning to go through the others since the weather is about to turn cold again...

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
Clearing two different lots nearby and cutting the logs for firewood.Also maintance on my backhoes and truck.Bad thing is the club is o.k. for me to go practice any time I want.We only had four positive tests in this county and they traveled outside of the county to get it three weeks ago and haven't had anymore show up.

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
Pulling dead vines off the stucco of a 100 year old house? You don't want to see that picture. Re-grading a slope by hand and creating a swale to redirect water? College kids home are getting it done.

·
Registered
331 Posts
My idea of projects and wife's are totally different. So far we (I) have painted living room ceiling, kitchen ceiling, foyer ceiling, spring cleaned the man cave except for the trophy mounts (saving them for another day). I got a kitchen pass yesterday and went to camp. Got home an hour later than I said I would-oh well, had a great time. I told the little lady that her plans and mine are not the same. She starts her projects after hitting the treadmill. I have been on computer for a couple of hours by then and continue until I get about 5 hours of good work (telework) in - THEN I start. Even yesterday I had a teleconference before I could go "play". Unfortunately I think this is going to be the normal until first week of May then every morning will start about 4AM as I get ready to walk out the door and go turkey hunting. Can only hunt until noon, then squeeze in 5 hrs of work and maybe a nap. By then the weather "should" be nice enough to start the yard projects-yea (sarcasm). I am also sure she will find some outside projects for us (me) to do. Enjoy and be safe.

·
Registered
31,641 Posts
Second project of this never ending winter - COVID19 trap house on wheels. Tired of just arena shooting - out of the shed.

That is a great idea for a home trap range, if you have uneven ground which would allow mobile house to sit at the proper height recommended for ATA, person can put the house inside the barn during bad weather. No flooding of a concrete house. Don’t have to climb down inside it. Can load from the sides.

Reactions: shotgunpeople

·
Registered
82 Posts
Fired up my smoker early this week. 18 pounds of bone-in pork shoulder [butts] at low 200's for 17 hours. I also have perfected two new BBQ sauce recipes. I safely treated three neighbors with pulled pork. Next time I will deliver sauce and meat.

·
Registered
2,108 Posts
E0BB982B-8BDC-4FE6-A15C-FB9D78082FB4.jpeg

The other day one of my projects was a new amateur (ham) radio antenna. It’s called a J-pole. Dimensioned for the 2 meter (145Mhz band) I get it all done, and come to the brilliant realization “I don’t have anymore coax cable”. I said some bad words.

Now, if you look real close at the right side of the picture, you can see the 16yd marker for my TJ “Wall Chart”!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Nothing too wild. Staying with friends in Montana after the wildland firefighting season (my summer job). Jackhammered a concrete fence-post base out of the ground a plunked in a new post, did some welding for a buddy... done a little fishing as well. Looking at purchasing a revolver (old school Ruger .357 or similar) but right now up north, ammo is pretty hard to find. Did some tree and brush clearing in Oregon earlier in the pandemic but bounced out of there once things started getting crazy. Fire season was a blessing really... spending 5 months in the woods away from the general craziness of last year was therapeutic if difficult.

·
Banned
15 Posts
Working on a project that was driven by the Covid outbreak. An ASE-Gold stock/forend. It’ll keep me busy for a few months.

Share your projects, however crazy they may be.

Stay Safe

View attachment 1671715
Working on a project that was driven by the Covid outbreak. An ASE-Gold stock/forend. It’ll keep me busy for a few months.

Share your projects, however crazy they may be.

Stay Safe

View attachment 1671715
Refinished and Ran a KEG line

1 - 20 of 23 Posts