Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3,577 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm wondering if any of you have a ballpark figure of what it costs to change a flat rib to a high adjustable rib on a Perazzi barrel? Not a glue on or add a rib. Actual soldering a new rib on.

Have any of you done this type of conversion? I'd like it as high as an MX10 RS.

Thanks.

·
Registered
3,556 Posts
You may need a new stock as well.
Have you considered buying a new barrel and selling the old one to offset the costs?

·
Banned
1,775 Posts
If you have a Perazzi flat rib shotgun and must have a high adjustable rib Perazzi the easiest and most cost effective method is to sell the flat rib gun and buy the high adjustable rib Perazzi of your choice.

·
Registered
13,412 Posts
Simmons is about your only option anymore, prices are on their website. Roger Eubanks is the only other one I can think of off the top of my head, his website shows a price of $650, Perazzi barrels would probably be more since they have to be rust blued.

·
Administrator
8,303 Posts
What is the shotgun set up that you have now? I guess Im just curious because ultimately like West has stated that you will have to get a stock set up to fit the rib. I understand everyone operates on a different budjet, I have done a couple of Perazzi parts project guns but never a solder on a whole new rib type of thing. Are you trying to convert a sporter to a trap model?

·
Registered
2,571 Posts
Good advise. Not only will you not get any return on your investment, your gun value will decrease.
These type conversions rarely work well, IF at all.
The most economical way out is trade for what design you are yearning for.......merlyn

·
Registered
3,577 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The gun is an MX12 SC3, with an absolutely flat rib. Love the engraving, just don't like shooting the flat rib. I a a skeet shooter that shoots a Kolar Max skeet as my primary go to gun. I also own two K-80 Pro Skeets, all in different engravings.

Tried to find an adjustable rib barrel, but can't find a used one.

Not worried about a stock, stocks are easy. Would consider on from DeVault.

This gun might just get sold and forget about owning a Perazzi all together. It's beautiful, and I wouldn't shoot it that much anyway.

Thanks for all replies.

·
Registered
8,994 Posts
Just don't sent it to MoneyMakers....You will never get it back! The worst company I've ever been involved with.

·
Registered
2,571 Posts
Just picked up a mx2000, 30 inch with handfull of Wilkinson choke tubes. Wilkinson bbl. Meet me in Alexandria Minnesota with 3600 bucks and its yours..........merlyn

·
Registered
2,103 Posts
Had a TM-1 done by Moneymaker about two years ago. MX-10 style adjustable rib 3/4" high and reblue entire gun. Cost was about $1000. Took about 4 weeks. Great job. Marc

1 - 16 of 16 Posts