Trapshooters Forum banner
1 - 20 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
360 Posts
When I first started to regularly shoot ATA events-It cost me a new 1100 Sporting, at least $1000 in shells and a few choke tubes... lol and that’s after I already had a field grade 1100.

your 50 straight will come as soon as you stop counting

·
Vendor
882 Posts
I honestly don’t remember what gun I was shooting, but I have the score sheet on my office wall. Was at the Newark Sportsmen’s Club in IL and it probably cost me $2.50 or so for the round.

·
What squad am I on?
TriStar TT-15 Combo
8,419 Posts
First straight came with my Muslim Perazzi.
After that...
Had a few with my Alfermann
Had a few with my 725
Had a few with my Ljutic
Had a few with my Krieghoff
Had a couple with my Zoli so far...
The gun's just a part of the puzzle, to me it's all about focus. Take that away and it won't matter what gun you put your shell in.

·
Registered
25,537 Posts
First straight was in international skeet with a Model 51 Ithaca. It cost me my favorite hat.
I never lost a hat until I busted a 100 straight. Then my “friends” shot the hat I had won the week before for HOA at Cactus Flats. Then they bought me and momma a nice dinner so I forgave them the hat. The Cactus Flats guy replaced the hat too.
Good times.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Haha, I like the way the question is phrased.

Remington 870 TB....$225, nope best out of that one was a 24

Beretta 686 sp (old one) $900....best was a 23

Beretta 682 unsingle combo $2500....25 finally!!

So yes, my first 25 cost me $2500 (plus probably $2500 in ammo up to that point)

·
Registered
137 Posts
My first round of trap started with a Winchester Pump 1200 my dad had given me, I shot a couple rounds and knew right off the bat that I needed something different.

I picked up a 3200 but that used to beat the crap out of me. I tried mole skin, powder, soft loads and I shot that until I just couldn't stand it anymore. I was tired of having a bruise on my cheek. It just didn't fit. I traded it for a very good used Ljutic Dyna Trap that didn't fit anyone else. The second 25 I shot with that gun, I went 25 straight. I believe that was the year I won the Champion of Champions award for The Spokesman Review Telegraphic.

In terms of dollars, I couldn't tell you what it cost. In terms of the friends I have made through the shotgun sports, it has been priceless. I think I'm going to dig that 1200 out of the safe and shoot it on game night, just so I can think about dad. He would have been 102 this week.

1 - 20 of 68 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.