Trapshooters Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
801 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ironic isn't it. Now that Sportsman's warehouse has raised the price of Remington and Winchester to $6.99, I can reload again for a pretty good savings. I knew it would all work out. Gary L.

·
Registered
4,381 Posts
Load liter shot charges then you can buy and save even More!!!!!!!!!!!

AL

·
Registered
1,671 Posts
Gosh, Al, I was confused there for a second...trying to get a liter of shot in a shell. I was all excited by having more shot. Then I realized you meant 'lighter'!!

I'm a little slow, today. Sorry.

It was always cost effective to reload - you just can't count your time. I enjoy it, so time isn't a factor for me.

·
Registered
317 Posts
Yep! I've started to cut down on my reloads as well. I found I would get one more box of shells by going the 1 oz. route. Makes for more shooting that way. And I can see a big difference. The ol 870 isn't lettin me know it's there as bad as it was. Hey, 18 Grains of Red Dot and 1 1/8 oz shot 7 1/2 or 8's it would let ya know it was there alright. But now I us 17 Grains instead and 1 oz Shot. Nice shootin, and an easy load on me. I was a firm believer in the 18 Grains and the 1 1/8 oz loads. But have found it's much nicer at 17 instead. Rich. (inPeoria,Az.)

·
Registered
3,593 Posts
The trouble with the cutting down on the load for guys like me, is we've been doing it for many years so no more "new" gains. But, it certainly is a factor to consider.....Bob Dodd

·
Registered
10,448 Posts
Reloading has ALWAYS been cost effective for me. I just think of all the money I have saved as an alterntive to therapy, and such!!

Seriously, good reloads EASILY pattern and perform with primo ammo for less than the cost of promo ammo. By wisely choosing components, such as hot primers matched with easily ignited and metered powders, and wads that are compatible with the hand inspected hulls you are loading, your reloads can be more reliable than most factory fodder, especially in cold weather.

·
Registered
3,593 Posts
Mike, I'm the same in theory; especially since I determined you have to buy lottery tickets to have any chance in winning.....Bob Dodd

·
Registered
271 Posts
Hey Guys! Did you ever think about making your own shot?? We make our own shot and reload our own shells for about $2.00 a box. If you are interested in learning more about the Better Shotmaker call Jim Stewart at 256-587-0107. He can tell you how to make 25 lbs of shot for $3.00 or less. All it takes is a little effort to get your lead, melt it into ingots and put it into the Better Shotmaker, and out comes good shot, as good as your factory shot can buy.
Ellen O'Connor

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.