Well that sucks especially for all of the seniors! My son shoots for IA Western and today they cancelled all remaining spring competitions and practices. Last week they cancelled Nationals in San Antonio
Well, it was a bunch of the panhandle teams.
Right after I typed that, I got an email memo from our 4H leadership canceling the shooting programs until May. So it appears the initial idea was for naught.
I’m on the board of the ECTC and there will be a definitive answer by tomorrow evening as to what we are going to do for the rest of the season. I would say that it is HIGHLY unlikely we will be shooting anywhere for the next two weeks.
I am positive that the correct decision will be made. With schools closing and some being able to letter at schools and teams associated with schools. I am guessing that they will be cancelled. However what about clubs that are not affiliated with schools? Or they could shoot and turn in scores? Either way the I stand behind the board of ECTC decision. Mark Uhri
These are challenging days for sure. Given the mandate by our President and Governor to limit crowd sizes and the closing of schools and the NSAA shutting down practices and events, we are cancelling the next 2 weeks of competition, March 21 & March 28. We strongly discourage practice during this time. While we are not an NSAA sport, some of our teams have strong support from their school systems. We also depend on the schools to verify our eligibility rosters and we would like to continue to have their support with that.
The Board of Directors voted this evening to suspend the season until March 30th. This is in line with the current NSAA mandate. Hopefully, competition can resume on April 4th. The Gayle Hanshaw Conference shoot would still take place on April 25th and the qualification requirement to participate would be lifted for this year only. Anyone who would want to participate in the GHAC shoot would be able to. It is important to the majority of the BOD that we attempt to salvage at least part of the season and give the kids an opportunity to compete.
HOWEVER, this is all contingent on the lifting of the ban on crowd sizes and the NSAA allowing practice and competition again. The ECTC BOD will re-evaluate on March 31st and make a final decision to either proceed with the above plan or cancel the remainder of the season.
We urge everyone to limit your exposure by staying home if possible and above all stay safe!