Trapshooters Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4,476 Posts
Contact the Obama campaign I am sure they can give you the adress since Cooper supported anti gun Obama. That is who you will be backing when you buy a Cooper rifle. Jeff

·
Registered
653 Posts
Spot on Brian. Maybe Cooper is coming out with the Lon Horuchi Signature Model...great for taking down women holding babies. Bastard should be in Federal prison.

NOTE: I made a mistake with regards to Cooper having Lon Horuchi (Ruby Ridge sniper who killed Vicky Weaver) affiliated with them...wrong company, it's HR Precision in South Dakota.
Jim Cooper of Cooper Rifle was the person who was a heavy contributor to the anit-gun Barrack Obama and the Democrats. Sorry, no Cooper rifle will ever sit in my safe.

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
whittakerguns.com

Have done several transactions with them. Good people and family operated (a big operation). They are in Kentucky.

Don't know about Cooper's but they are fairly priced on most guns and lower than most dealers.

Bryan

·
Premium Member
10,340 Posts
I have personally owned a couple of good ones and a couple of bad ones- and it took a long time to make the bad ones good

regards from Iowa

Gene

·
Registered
4,476 Posts
Gene? did you have trouble getting the bolts to stay in? had a friend who owned two of them that the bolts wouldn't stay in the gun and got the major run around from Cooper. This was before Cooper supported Anti-gun obama. Cooper didn't think that that backlash would be anything like it has been. Why not support Obama? he is after them nasty black guns after all! he doesn't have any problem with Coopers bolt actions! Cooper made Jim Zumbo look like a hereo! It jus amazes me that any gun owner would support this company. Jeff

·
Premium Member
10,340 Posts
No the accuracy was just very bad- in the 2.5 - 4 inch range- which was totally unacceptable for a rifle of this price

One I had to return 3 times I think and it took a total of several months to get resolved

regards from Iowa

Gene

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well ok this is all sad
I had thought I would like one in 22-250
But I am not sure now with all the negative posting
The anti Obamah bullshit doesnt bother me but the negative quality does......

·
Registered
4,476 Posts
Lots of guys have had good luck or they wouldn't buy 3 or 4 of them. Supporting somebody who will do his level best to restrict law abiding citizens gun ownership doesn't seem to bother people. That explains a great deal why the country is going down the tube. Jeff

·
Registered
382 Posts
Well, if you think 4" groups with a bolt action sound bizarre, what about a 4 foot group. A number of years ago, I had Cooper build me a 6mm PPC. It took over 6 months to build, and they included a one hole target with the gun. After mounting a target B&L 36 power scope, I headed to the range. Shot my first group at 100 yds., but couldn't hit the paper. I then moved to 25 yds, same thing. Now I have that sick feeling in the bottom of my stomach. Back to the gunsmith where I ordered the gun. He put a straight edge on the holes that were drilled on the top of the receiver for the scope mounts. Crooked as hell. I mean they didn't even come close to aligning with the gun barrel. Gun goes back to Copper. I am not sure what they did, probably welded holes shut and redrilled, but the gun is now a tack driver. One hole at 100 yds. Although the gun really shoots, I suspect it is from the components they use (target barrel, trigger, etc.), not the workmanship.

·
Premium Member
10,340 Posts
Unsingle same with me

Both of those rifles had test targets- and they still shot horribly- one was a 22 that I returned twice- they rebarreled the first time and it still wouldnt shoot and then they rebarreled it again

There was no dispute that those rifles wouldnt shoot when I returned them

I shot for the "best" group--

I will say this- a lot of people never group their own rifles--

on here I have read accounts of 1 inch group with smooth bore shotguns-- yea right

If you really do shoot for group size- it counts

If you are just looking at the test target or taking the word of someone else- it doesnt count

regards

·
Registered
433 Posts
My Cooper .223 rem single shot will shoot sub 1/2" groups all day. My Remington SPS Tactical with a 20" barrel will shoot under .75" all day and it cost less than half the Cooper. But, I love the wood of my Cooper. Slick rig with a 5x15 scope, but if you want a cheap shooter with long lasting quality, see the Remington SPS 20 barrel, Hogue stock.

bustclays

·
Registered
1,575 Posts
Hey sportshot, the boys over at "shooting and hunting urban legends" are looking for you.

Something about you and a bet?

Tom(AJ100)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.