Trapshooters Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
21,600 Posts
Stu Wright, Carlsons, Brileys. My choice would be Wrights. He has a good reputation with his chokes. Wrights and Carlsons are probably most affordable.

P.S. It won't cost an arm and a leg. My shooting buddy had a fixed choke gun done at Carlsons which included (3) chokes and it was around $150 total.

Matt

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
1 of the old guys from my club had Briley do his Lujtic and wow the chokes they put in were like 6in long and dont match anything I ever saw

Jerry Lewis

·
5,369 Posts
I had Briley convert my Superposed BROADway from fixed IM/F with their thinwall system and I have been pleased ever since. Five chokes of my choosing and wrench...

Fine work and the conversion made the gun much more usable - I can now shoot Trap, Skeet and Sporting.

regards,

Jay

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the info guys. I'll look into those companies. $150 with tubes is a very reasonable price.

Oh and Buz, yeah thanks for your OPINION. I'll remember that next time I am talking about a TRAP gun and not a CLAYS gun. Thanks for coming;)

Darin

·
Banned
9,042 Posts
I agree with Elf. Fixed full is all you need. Maybe even Improved Mod.. Jon

·
Registered
2,317 Posts
Just to clarify, he is speaking about doing this for a clays gun. I am not sure a fixed full would be beneficial for SC.

Bryan

·
Premium Member
11,851 Posts
I had my O/U done at Carlson's.

Perfect, and the gun was back to me in less than 2 weeks.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yes this gun is for Clays and essentially I was trying to find some sources to get my existing barrel to have it modified as opposed to buying a REMCHOKE bbl. I wanted to contact those companies to find out the cost, but it seems the consensus is it's about $150. Based on that, I will most spend a little extra and buy a REMCHOKE bbl then sell my 30" VR full.

Thanks guys I really appreciate the info.
Darin

·
Registered
160 Posts
Assuming you have a Remington barrel, I would really suggest that you measure the bore before you send it out to anyone other than Briley or someone like Stu Wright putting in Briley thinwalls. Remington bore sizes tend to be all over the map. Briley will roughly match the thinwalls to your bore to ensure the proper constrictions. Folks installing others such as Tru-chokes might not since they are made to fit a nominal bore of .730 (I think). FWIW.

BTW - Mike Orlen is another guy to consider for installing tubes.

·
Registered
421 Posts
Another vote for Carlson's; I had an 1100 barrel done and the cost with shipping and (3 chokes plus a choke wrench) was around $125 a few years ago.
John

·
Registered
5,696 Posts
If you are going to use this gun for sporting clays, I strongly recommend that you get the 28" light contour barrel, and not the standard remchoke barrel.
Remington 1100 barrels are notoriously heavy, even the 30" light contour barrel makes the gun noticeably muzzle heavy.

·
Registered
21,600 Posts
Darin--It shouldn't if the reciever you have will accept the LC barrels. I can't remember how it goes but certain Remington Models won't accept certain Remington barrels.

Matt

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.