Trapshooters Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
679 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK - it is time.....I have a 1980 vintage ruger 357 blackhawk that I want to convert over to a 44 special.......I need the name, tele number, & web address of an excellent gunsmith who does this conversion.......Thanks in advance guys.........Pete

·
Registered
2,754 Posts
I used to be obsessed with converting a single action .357 Ruger to a .38 Baines & Davis. I kind of forgot all about it till now. Hmmmmm...

·
Registered
4,065 Posts
The above website has info on the conversion.

·
Registered
9,984 Posts
sort of a waste of time...Ruger makes a standard frame short barrel Blackhawk 44mag that you can shoot Specials in all day long...you would be wasting you money because the cylinders would be the same length to because of frame dimensions

·
Registered
6,754 Posts
I have done this conversion with the three screw .357s - you end up with a wonderful six shooter with great balance especially if you add a steel grip frame to it. The conversion consists of rechambering the cylinder and replacing the barrel. Bowen does a great job with this conversion.

The gun you are talking about is the full size blackhawk so there isn't much advantage in converting that one, just go buy a super blackhawk .44 mag. If you want a better handling sixgun in .44 special look at one of the italian SAA clones in that caliber.

·
Registered
4,065 Posts
http://www.lipseys.com/itemdetail.aspx?itemno=RUNVB45SPCL&mfg=Ruger&family=Blackhawk+Series&type=Revolver&action=Single+Action

Good info Barfin. I had no idea Ruger was making these.

·
Registered
679 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks for all the info friends......Barfin - did not know Ruger made this 44.....Going to buy one.......Pete

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.