Trapshooters Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
2,126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's become obvious that I have a problem with missing the first bird of the round when I am starting on station 1. I do this very often, enough where its a severe problem that needs to be fixed. Any idea what would be the most likely cause of this?

· Super Moderator
6,287 Posts
Most likely you're not ready.

Make sure you take a little time after making sure the squad is ready and the scorer is ready to make sure that you are ready. Then get your focus out with the target and call.

(And stop thinking about this. It will pass. People think it's a crime to miss the first target or the last. Truth is, it's a crime to miss any. But it happens, so just let it go.)

· Registered
2,126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
"P.S. I told you not to shoot winter league:O) Remember?"

Over the last three weeks I'm running a 97% average. I may shoot terrible during the winter but I think that it may have helped my game quite a bit by keeping the motions going for 3-4 months vs. not shooting the winter league.

I shot a 48 today, missed the very first target and then missed the 46th target on station 5 when I started to lose focus.

· Vendor
20,932 Posts
Rich. Do about 3 snap cap "dry fires" when at the line. Then your body will have woken up and do the right thing.

Get to the line early and do those. the first bird loses will go away.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.