Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,803 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All : We own a Beomat 400 ( Bought in 80s) And GMV Super Star 2003 and thinking about 3rd trap machine. Looks like the Pat trap is the one. I was responsible for first two . Do not regret choice.
We are situated in Ontario.
Any suggestions.

Joe Woods/Ontario

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
Joe,
How as it been maintaining the two machines your club is using. Are you throwing a high volume of targets or only a few days a week. I ask because we are looking for a lightly used machine to throw trap on a small basis and the two machines you have are often being traded in for the PAT at bigger clubs.

·
Registered
798 Posts
Hi Joe.
I know that I will get all kinds of shooters upset with me, but don't buy a Pat, its too cold in Winter here in Ontario and they don't like cold weather. How about a ProMatic, their Sporting traps are great and I have not heard any bad comments on their Trap machines.
Cheers, Devonian.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Our PATs down in the Dresden area work fine in winter as long as you fire the pump up and let it run for about a half hour, then we have no problem, of course this is just my opinion.

Josh

·
Registered
366 Posts
I'm with Josh on this one, let a Pat warm up for 20-30 mins and it will run all day long in a SW Ontario Winter.

·
Registered
434 Posts
Joe , Hamilton gun club has Pat traps used on the skeet field and yes you can start the units up a let warm up for a time ,but that is only one problem and the other is the rubber band springs used. Rubber needs to be warmed up some so that they will throw targets consistently . If you think that adding a heater in the dead of winter will cure the problem ,it seems to be a bandaid fix for something that should work in either warm weather or cold weather . Adding the heater will only add to the cost of using the machine during winter time use. There's a lot to be said in staying with the same type of machine or more maintenance free/trouble free machines. Don't jump into this expense until fully aware of it's use during warm weather and cold ,then you will know before putting out the money.
Good Luck !

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
Hi Joe.
I know that I will get all kinds of shooters upset with me, but don't buy a Pat, its too cold in Winter here in Ontario and they don't like cold weather. How about a ProMatic, their Sporting traps are great and I have not heard any bad comments on their Trap machines.
Cheers, Devonian.
I agree with the cold part We use pat traps here in Wisconsin you have to use heat tap on oil resivoir and milk house heat in trap house .We recently switched to MEC working good HOT or COLD

·
Registered
1,803 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thank you to all, It is appreciated. These machines are not high volume location.

Joe Woods/Ontario

·
Registered
325 Posts
We are south of Detroit and have three Pat traps and have no problem in the cold, turn the pumps on, by the time you are set up, they are good to go. As for the bands, as the temperature drops, you might have to put in an extra turn or two. We just actually just purchased a 4th trap from Jaquas when they shut down.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts