Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
image.jpg
Congrats go out to Terry for finally running 100 straight in the doubles today at the Aurora Gun Club. It was great to be the squad leader and get to watch him do it, he got a little chippy towards the end but he prevailed. Unfortunately he was brought back down to earth by some rotten bastard in the shoot off, but at the end of it all his smile could be seen for miles. All kidding aside, great job Terry.

Darrell

·
Registered
22,829 Posts
Way to go Terry.

Don't let the swelled head cut off brain circulation from your hatband going tight.

See you down at State.

Don T

·
Registered
860 Posts
One of my great memories was years ago at the old Greeley Trap Club, Father Bill shucking an old Winchester at doubles and breaking a 97 in a windstorm. It was an amazing thing to watch so the apple doesn't fall from the tree it appears, except there was no shucking going on, congrats.

·
Vendor
1,683 Posts
GREAT JOB!!!! Mr Finley

RE: Greeley
I have heard that in the entire history of the Greeley Club there were only 13 100's broke.
No I was not one of them but, one of my old (now long gone) running mates did. When he got his pin ( the last year they were open) was when he was told about only 13 straights.

·
Registered
860 Posts
Right Phil, I ran it or was on the board for over 20 years and the river running in front of the traps gave it some weird wind gusts so every trap was just a shade different. Bill Findley was a great shot, Jack Moad shot a 100 there as well as Ray Mc Farlen some more that slips my mind. I did shoot a 100 in skeet there but that was different and a club shoot. We shot many times where the broken chips would blow clear back to the clubhouse. Lots of great memories there.

·
Registered
5,582 Posts
Congrats Terry! I think it was the Lime Green shoes you were wearing. Now you can continue with your Grand Slam.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts