Trapshooters Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
562 Posts
Congrats and great job!! Seems like with a rabbit getting shot and the big dollar shoot alot of focus was taken away from the "Grand". Anyways you beat all of them. Enjoy it!! Paul Baker

·
Registered
929 Posts
Great shooting and my sincere congratulations. It's a pleasure to see the average ATA competetor get in there and win the big one. J.Woolsey

·
Banned
5,706 Posts
I said it would be a shooter from Kentucky that was going to win the GAH he gets a ring too.

Great shooting

Gary Bryant
Dr.longshot

·
Registered
220 Posts
Hey, Danny- Congratulations on your great shooting.Couldn't happen to a nicer guy.

For you guys out there who have suggested that Danny is just "another KY sandbagger", or "target manager", let me tell you that it is difficult for many of us who live in somewhat remote parts of KY to get to registered shoots on a regular basis. There are only a few clubs within about 75 miles that even throw registered targets. I moved from California 3 years ago, and it has been difficult for me to get to but a few shoots.

Also, Danny and I shoot games every Friday night at a local club in Pendleton Co.(northern KY). You serious guys know how shooting "games" will adversely affect shooting 100 target events. And I can tell you this. Danny is not under-handicapped at 21 yards. No offense intended to Danny, but he frequently does not break 10 from the 16, 20, and 26 yard bird races, not to mention going back to the "porch" for the shootoffs. Is he what I would call a good shooter? Yes. He has his moments. But week in and week out, he barely gets his entry fees back, if anything. He is an honest, everyday guy, who enjoys shooting, made the trip to Sparta with his son, put his hard-earned money on the line, and all the stars lined up for him. How many of us could hop in the car, drive to the biggest event in the country, and say, "I think I'll break 100 today from the 21". I'm at 26.5 yds(over handicapped, by the way), and I know I couldn't do it. Just my 2 cents.

Dan Maloy

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have known Danny for most of my life and can tell you that he is just a good ol'working man/country boy that loves to shoot.He works a full time job through the week and also farms and he shoots on the weekends whenever he can.It just goes to show if you want something bad enough and are willing to work hard for it it can happen.Congradulations Danny,it couldn't happen to a better guy. J.Courtney

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
Congrats on winning the big one. Too bad you didn't qualify for the big payoff. Very good to see someone win the grand who isn't a sponsored shooter a so called professional shooter. This does go to show us all that on any given day we could be the champion and this year you are the champion. Way to shoot. Dan

·
Registered
2,459 Posts
Congrats Danny!

I like it when a peer wins a big one--it keeps my hopes up and my dedication to improve fueled.

Thanks,

Guy Babin

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.