Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Republican legislature has overridden the Democratic governor's veto of an expanded CCW law. As it currently stands, this now will allow more people to carry concealed weapons, without needing a permit and without having to go through the training currently required for permit holders. It is now among the ten other states with what supporters describe as a "constitutional carry" right. It expands legal protections for those that use deadly force to defend themselves in both public and private places. This was a veto of a wide-ranging guns bill that will allow more people to carry concealed weapons and give them greater legal rights to defend themselves. This occurred just yesterday, 9/15/16, and as reported by the AP.

·
Registered
12,434 Posts
Don't ya just love it when the "Republic" works for the People!!!

But wait, hold on, the liberals will show and and say, "but but what if........"

·
Registered
15,922 Posts
John,

Don't concern yourself. Your President Hillary Clinton will alleviate all of your 2nd amendment needs.

Reactions: CharlieAMA

·
Premium Member
5,374 Posts
I support constitutional carry, but I hope everyone that does carry will take advantage of some type of training and range time!

·
Thorn in your side
8,112 Posts
I support constitutional carry, but I hope everyone that does carry will take advantage of some type of training and range time!
Agree 1000%

This is NOT actually constitutional carry. If you read the bill, there are several caveats to it. A CCW is still required in many jurisdictions to carry concealed or open. ( I saw a list that had 60 places I believe, counties and cities) I think this will get a lot of people in trouble if they don't read the bill and aren't careful with what they do. It IS a step in the right direction, but it's not the end all. I'll keep renewing my CCW

·
Banned
8,492 Posts
The 2nd admendment gives you the right in all state to carry where,when, and how what ever you want. It never was put in to away to chop it up or separate it into pieces. All states ratified it or they could not inter into the union of the United states. That's the way it is and don't let nobody bullsxxx you about it.
Now when Trump gets elected and breaks down the BLM he needs to open the lead mines again.

·
Banned
134 Posts
I venture into Illinois frequently because the friendliest gun club, Quincy Gunclub, happens to also be the safest, easiest club to go to practice and for registered shoots, derbies and league shooting. The ironic thing is that this Illinois gun club is actually in Missouri. I always joke with the other members that they are in Missouri which is still the "land of the free and the home of the brave".

·
Registered
1,903 Posts
Hey b 12, you better bone up on your history a bit. It wasn't until the mid 20s that the court felt the BoR should be applied to the states. States rights proponents have felt and still do feel that the BoR is a federal matter and shouldn't apply to the states ( especially in the early days of the Republic)

SCOTUS has taken the BoR phrase by phrase and applied the majority of the BoR to the states through a process called selective incorporation. See link

Incorporation of the Bill of Rights - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

1 - 11 of 11 Posts