Trapshooters Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any recommendation on a concealed carry holster for 1911 45, would be appreciated.

I don't have a clue on what to look for.

Thanks, R Newberry

·
Registered
1,811 Posts
the Kydex holsters are nice. I found some at natchezss ( I think) for $9.95) They are slick. I got the paddle type. They stay put and hold the gun as tight as you want. I think they were eagle brand. You can spend a lot of time online looking. I check the above and midway, midsouth, cabelas, or just google holsters.

·
Banned
8,351 Posts
Comp Tac.com as V10 says has some really nice and durable holsters ... Jackass, Galco are nice but pricey ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

·
Registered
531 Posts
don hume is my favorite,carry a sig pro strong side inside the waistband,and can pull a sweat shirt over it,hard to tell im carrying,i am a big framed guy though,and that helps with this holster.mark

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
I have a couple of Milt Sparks IWB's for my Kimbers. I think the best holster out there....but again...pricey. High noon used to be very reasonable...but in the past couple of years their prices have gone up dramatically.

·
Registered
54 Posts
For a kydex type holster, hard to beat Blackhawk for quality and value. For leather...Milt Sparks, Haugen Handgun Leather, and Galco. Galco leather is reasonably priced, and readily available. Haugen holsters are top quality and, about half the wait time of Sparks. Milt Sparks is, well, legendary. If you can stand the wait, and afford the price, there are none better. Whatever your choice, don't skimp on a holster. Buying a crappy holster is like putting Walmart tires on a Porsche.

·
Registered
9 Posts
You should look at Garrett Holsters. Their Silent Thunder line is fantastic. It is leather lined kydex. The are slin, adjustable and quiet. I have been using them for years. Carrying a full size 1911 is easy. Don't forget to get a good gun belt. I use Wilderness Tactical, 5 stitch or The Belt Man 1 1/2 leather belt. Blouse your shirt and you're good to go.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Newberry
The answer is a bit more difficult that it may appear. Key elements to concealed are: comfort, accessibility, durability and concealability. I would not include cost as a determining factor. Each of the elements plays a critical role in selecting the proper holster. Too, it should be noted that these elements will not affect all people in the same way. After your selection, I would encourage you to practice drawing and shooting from the concealed carry position.
Vic

·
Registered
995 Posts
Listen to the guys who have been carryng for a long time. This is a life-long pursuit, and as with everytthing, there is always compromise along the way. Just start doing it and be ready to make changes as you see fit.
Not much of an answer, I know. I'm still learning.
dju

·
Administrator
8,595 Posts
Hello, I carry every day and mostly with 1911 type pistols.The 2 best that I have worked with over the years are the Galco IWB types and lately the summer special.I also really like the new blackhawk IWB leather both in the belt loop and clip on type.Shop somewhere that will let you try some different types to see what you like the fit of the best.The Blackhawks have been best for me with the full lenght 1911s. George

·
Registered
10,424 Posts
I have graduated to this type of holster for concealed/discreet carry. Your body type will dictate whether these work for you. Fatties do not do well with these.

I carry mine at 2 o'clock.

·
Registered
2,330 Posts
Raven Products get top notch reviews. Cut and paste the link below.

http://www.ravenconcealment.com/quick-ship-products/production-phantom-holsters/quick-ship-phantom-modular-holster

Gene in Illinois

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.