Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6,253 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering if anyone else as taken a CC class in Illinois? I just completed my 16 hr class, interesting to say the least. Some of the people in class need way more than 16 hrs. And the curriculum needs some work to make the classe more educational. any thoughts?

·
Registered
49 Posts
I took mine in December thought it was very good was taught by retired state police officer .I think a lot depends on the teacher just as it was when you went to school some that you would get a lot out of and some bad you just was glad the bell rang and class was over. I also hold cc in Florida which was only one day course. Illinois is much more than any other cc in the country. You are always going to have those that could use a week course and still would wonder if the were ready to carry but you can't refuse those who try.No one one knows how they will react when it comes the time to use your cc. Gary

·
Registered
142 Posts
Two friends took the Ill. conceal/carry course last weekend and thought it was well done. Both had significant problems with the web sight and all of the requirements to submit their request for a permit. It does require a significant amount of computer skill to complete. One waited for 40 minutes on hold with their "Help" line and finally hung up and started over.

·
Registered
5,691 Posts
Illinois isn't through adding more restrictions to the CCW rules. This is from the news reports in just the last day. Before they're done a two day course won't be enough time to teach all the rules, never mind anything about actually handling and shooting a handgun.

·
Registered
6,253 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Just seems to me that more range/safe gun handeling time in a 16 hr class would make sense. The class I was in was informative, but a larger part of the time could have been better spent enhancing skills. Might just have been the group I was part of, way to many differnt scenarios where discussesd if you drew and fired at someone. I and a friend I took the course with couldn't get over the lack of common sense based on the questions being raised by "students".

1 - 6 of 6 Posts