Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Sponsors a Reloaders for Youth Program
11,589 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I googled junopike.dll and got nothing.

I googled RNDLL and found something that might help. I've copied it here.

Re: RNDLL error se.dll file
Dimitri wrote:

hi, there's a problem with my comp cos I keep on receiving an 'error message' (#) that keeps popping up. It goes something like this "RUNDLL : Error loading the C\.....\se.dll file. what do i do?

That's definitely Cool Web Search, just got through removing it from a customer's machine Thursday. Download CWShredder and run it from safe mode (press F8 on startup to get to safe mode). Then also run a good antivirus before restarting. And for good measure run a bunch of the
other antispyware and antivirus programs discussed in his group all thetime.

CWShredder: http://www.intermute.com/spysubtract..._download.html

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
Never had that problem with my mac. Actually, I've never had ANY problems with the 6 macs I've owned over the last 20 years.

Bruce

·
Registered
4,410 Posts
The next time that someone comes in and makes inane statements about MACs being superior every time some has a problem with their PC.... let's beat him with cleaning rods, make him eat broccoli and liver for supper...no dessert...and send him to his room!

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
Beat Me, Beat Me!!!!!!!

I've owned nothing but Macs for over 20 years.... Never had one virus, never ran any anti-virus software, never sang the "Vista Blues" I'm typing this on a first generation iMac that's twice as fast as the damn PC I am forced to use at work!

And I LOVE LIVER TOO! Especially Chicken Livers!!!

Spank me and send me to my re-loading room!

SW

·
Registered
3,920 Posts
Dan, sorry for jumping on your thread, but I need help too. I've XP pro on my work computer and yesterday one of my customer's 8 year old nephew deleted something and now I have no sound. I had left the office for a few minutes and the kid went in and deleted something, but when I asked him he said "I don't know what I did." I think the little brat knew, but wasn't going to fess up. He was just visiting for the holidays and now has gone home...2 states away.
Any idea what he would have deleted or Uninstalled that I've no sound?

·
11,589 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Check out your trash bin for deleted files. If not, try system restore. Click on Start, then select Run. Type in MSCONFIG and hit Run. It's easy from there. Go back on the calendar to something before the deletion.

·
Registered
29 Posts
i have a friend that is a wiz on computers ..here is his reply..
Has some virus most likely. See if he can boot into Safe mode. Turn on the computer and keep pressing the F8 key until you see a menu that allows you to select SAFE MODE.

Once in safe mode, he would need to run antivirus software and/or malware software to try and either detect what is wrong or clean up the system. Which means downloading the programs from another PC, burning them to a disk and while in safe mode on the problem PC, load up the software and run it.

Could also try after taping the F8 key, select "Last known Good configuration" and see if that works. I'm doubting it though.

If neither of those works. He'll need the OS disk and boot from the disk and then almost basically reinstall the OS. Would need to select the Repair option though. That would replace the files needed for bootup. If your at this point though. Get someone in front of the PC that knows what they are doing. Cause the Data is still all on the drive, and worse case you can still recover the data, but if you do something wrong at this point, you could delete it all..

·
Registered
3,920 Posts
Big thanks Joe...worked like magic. "System restore", what a novel idea.

·
11,589 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yes. Fast and easy. I'll remember where it is for next time. Now if we could just get DanBee off the range and in front of his computer... Just kidding.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.