Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
6,230 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My own personal overall cost of shooting has gone up 22% in the past 24 months, which is pretty depressing. A couple months ago I was in California and saw some very competitive prices but forgot the name of the store. That got me thinking - when we see competitive prices or get great service why not post info on here so other shooters can benefit? This will also reward the stores who are getting by on modest margins and trying to make it possible for those with average incomes to continue enjoying the shooting sports.

I'll go first:

I visited Shelby, Ohio and got a chance to check out Sportsman's Den. Great store and lots of fun shopping shopping there. It's in a building like an old K-Mart or Tractor Supply and the three employees I dealt with were all knowledgeable and friendly. Here are a few items which were competitively priced:

Nitro-27s for $74.99 and decent prices on promo shells too:

gw22_2008_0303354.jpg

Bass Pro might try to hose you for $55/bag on shot, but not Sportsman's Den:

gw22_2008_0303355.jpg

WIN209A Primers <$30/K. I didn't see the price on these Federals but at least they had some:

gw22_2008_0303356.jpg

As each of us travels around and find fair deals, lets share them on this thread. Keeping good deals to yourself might seem like a smart idea but in the long run posting them will reward fair, efficient stores and help all of us shoot for less.

-Gary

·
Registered
6,230 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Fin-Feather-Fur, also in Ohio, had Top Guns for $58.99 and had some of the more popular powders that Sportsman's Den did not:

gw22_2008_0303357.jpg

Their WIN209A primers were $28.99/K.

-Gary

·
Registered
6,230 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sportsman's Den also had Browning's new 725 Citori Trap with Monte Carlo stock for $2799. Rod Stumbo (Rod's Custom Stocks) is right down the road and can add an adjustable comb to round-out your doubles rig for not much over $3K. That's probably one of the best new O/U shotgun deals in America. If you haven't checked out the new receiver profile and finish, and handled this shotgun, you really should. To me it feels like the perfect blend of Browning and Beretta.

They had the BT99-AR for $1959 (same special run gun that Monsoor's offers).

Most interestingly of all, they had something very cool -- a BT99-AR GRADE 4. It was $900 more than the plain AR, but it had a smokey gray receiver with nice engraving and gorgeous wood. Very nice and quite unique (at least to me).

Sportsman's Den also offered 6-mo same-as-cash financing. I had to get out of there quick, LOL.

-Gary

·
Registered
74 Posts
Great post
Unfortunately I will probably just be reading with envy
Everything I see is at least 20% cheaper

I have always wanted to discuss power buying but just don't know if there is any way to make it work

Seems that some kind of trapshooting organization could use collective power to get better pricing on the things that keep the sport going

·
Registered
10,782 Posts
Saw a real deal on an 8 pound jug of Green-Dot at a gun show today, for a mere $186.00!!! I laughed and told the guy I always liked a kiss to go with getting &%$#wed.

HAP

·
Registered
456 Posts
Great thread. About the only deal I've seen of late is BiMart is running specials for $55 a flat, with a rotation of either Estates, Top Guns, or Gun Clubs. Bossbasl...where are you finding those deals? Powder in stock?

·
Registered
6,230 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Bossbasl: Those are good prices but it doesn't help unless you post the name & location of the store.

-Gary

·
Registered
2,722 Posts
Was impressed with Shooter's Den at last year's Buckeye. Here in Pa you'll find Geiser's guns in Sunberry, Shyda's at Lebanon & CAC in Ebansburg. All three are on par with the Ohio guy.

best...mike

·
Registered
21,600 Posts
Gary,

I know where you can find a cheap Isis recoil system. Just slightly used.

·
Banned
5,166 Posts
cabalas with $5.00 shipping if you have their credit card I just got some herters target loads for 59.00 and I didn't need to leave the house to get them.

Remember that for most with a pickup a 100mile round trip will burn 5 gallons of gas or around $18.00 in gas and you need to figure that in to your cost unless you live right next to the store.
Joe

·
Registered
4,992 Posts
$5 shipping at Cabelas.com is not limited to just using their credit card. Must spend over $99 on the order. Offer good through the 13th of January. Mark

·
Registered
6,230 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Darn, nobody wants to participate in this?

Again, consider that sharing info about good deals helps other shooters/friends, rewards stores trying to keep prices down so we can continue enjoying our sport, and increases competition so that gouging goes unrewarded.

Please post good deals you find and name the store and it's location.

-Gary

·
Registered
2,317 Posts
I would love to participate but here in the republic of California there are no places like Sportsmans den.

·
Registered
4,295 Posts
No prices like those in MT. We are damn lucky to find any powder at all. And what primers there are, are 200 a sleeve. What a bargain. Unless you can find a friend who may have some extras laying around. :)

Wish I could get in on some of the Greendot.

Rick in MT

·
Registered
2,002 Posts
All the shoots at the Cardinal have vendors with good prices on components,guns etc. Pick up what you need when you come to the shoots.

Clyde

1 - 20 of 44 Posts