Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Folks,
I'm considering an aftermarket choke tube for my 1100. The Comp n Choke looks interesting. Some on this site have had good things to say about them. What is your opinion on this or other aftermarket tubes? Briley? Others? Just wondering.
Thanks.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Hi Folks,
I'm considering an aftermarket choke tube for my 1100. The Comp n Choke looks interesting. Some on this site have had good things to say about them. What is your opinion on this or other aftermarket tubes? Briley? Others? Just wondering.
Thanks.

·
Premium Member
3,219 Posts
Go with Briley - basic extended chokes (not ported); CompNChokes are, no doubt, good - perhaps as good as Briley, but the porting on them adds no value and requires extra cleaning effort. Best Regards, Ed

·
Premium Member
3,219 Posts
Go with Briley - basic extended chokes (not ported); CompNChokes are, no doubt, good - perhaps as good as Briley, but the porting on them adds no value and requires extra cleaning effort. Best Regards, Ed

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
I bought some for my Kolar and they nasty up the end of the gun like you wouldn't believe! I have a Uni-Dot on my unsingle and the O/U and the gas is blacking that area up also.

I bought Slip 2000 to clean the chokes and that works great!

I shoot the top tube of my O/U 1st and put a mod compnchoke in that tube. Some say porting doesn't reduce muzzle jump and who know's.

I had a Briley extended on my AL-391 and it worked great!!

Good luck on your decision.

FRedmon

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
I bought some for my Kolar and they nasty up the end of the gun like you wouldn't believe! I have a Uni-Dot on my unsingle and the O/U and the gas is blacking that area up also.

I bought Slip 2000 to clean the chokes and that works great!

I shoot the top tube of my O/U 1st and put a mod compnchoke in that tube. Some say porting doesn't reduce muzzle jump and who know's.

I had a Briley extended on my AL-391 and it worked great!!

Good luck on your decision.

FRedmon

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
I have both Comp-N-Chokes and Pure Gold ported chokes and they both throw excellent patterns. The PGs get my nod overall.
AndyH

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
I have both Comp-N-Chokes and Pure Gold ported chokes and they both throw excellent patterns. The PGs get my nod overall.
AndyH

·
Registered
824 Posts
I got a set of comp-n-chokes and gave them away. They were the worst chokes I have ever seen. The patterns were terrible.

·
Registered
824 Posts
I got a set of comp-n-chokes and gave them away. They were the worst chokes I have ever seen. The patterns were terrible.

·
Registered
3,230 Posts
My Comp-N-Chokes produce great patterns, very happy with them. I use .25 for singles & .35 for caps. If anyone else is giving them away I would gladly take them.

·
Registered
3,230 Posts
My Comp-N-Chokes produce great patterns, very happy with them. I use .25 for singles & .35 for caps. If anyone else is giving them away I would gladly take them.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I use comp-n-chokes for hunting and competition and really like them. However, they are hard to clean. For other non ported chokes, I use Briley (competition and hunting) and Trulock (hunting) and have excellent results with both.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I use comp-n-chokes for hunting and competition and really like them. However, they are hard to clean. For other non ported chokes, I use Briley (competition and hunting) and Trulock (hunting) and have excellent results with both.

·
Registered
141 Posts
The chokes seem to be tighter than factory tubes, they are hard to clean. This may not be good for every one a little 87 octane gas in a metal can for about a hour and compressed air clean them like new

·
Registered
141 Posts
The chokes seem to be tighter than factory tubes, they are hard to clean. This may not be good for every one a little 87 octane gas in a metal can for about a hour and compressed air clean them like new

·
Registered
2,102 Posts
I let my comp-n-chokes soak in mineral spirits and kerosene overnight and just wupe off the crud with a paper towel the following day. works for me. jm

·
Registered
7 Posts
I called Charley and had him make a complete set of chokes for my Kolar that were non-ported and I love them. They are no harder to clean than anyother choke tube. He also made me a tube wrench to help remove and tighten the tube.Steve

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.