Trapshooters Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
6,449 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have started an art studio after having been laid off. If the artwork takes off, I will become a regular advertiser here, but most of you know that I am a trapshooter. I have sold some artwork from my facebook page, and it looks like this might work for Martin and me. I sold some work when I was younger, so this is not a completely new adventure.

I can do pencil, charcoal, and pastel sketches. I can also do oil, acrylic, watercolor, or pastel paintings for you. I will post pictures of some of the ones that I have recently completed, some commissioned by trapshooters.

If you have a dog, horse, cat that is special to you, I can offer you a piece of custom art that will last a lifetime. If you have a parent, child, or other family member that you would like to remember on your living room wall, or give as a gift, that is also something that I can create for you. If you want a cool trapshooting trophy or rememberance, I can also do that. Or a special hunting moment.

I can also capture your home, barn, or special scenery.

These make great birthday, Christmas, or wedding presents (yes, I can do a bride and groom).

I can send the artwork itself, or I can also custom mat and frame it for you, too.

Please consider contacting me if you have ever thought about having a special painting or sketch done. Get it done while I am a poor, starving artist. LOL!! Pricing is pretty good right now. :)

·
Registered
6,449 Posts
Discussion Starter #2

This is a trapshooter's Yorkie, in watercolor. I just completed this today. This shooter is a regular poster on here, and will hopefully tell you what s/he thinks about the art.

·
Registered
6,449 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
This is an oil pastel painting that was completed a few days ago. It is a birthday present and is going into the dog owner's private collection.

·
Registered
6,449 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Barn scenery for a private collection: (fine art prints available for sale)

Horse for a private collection (fine art prints available for sale):

Another horse for a private collection (fine art prints available for sale):

Pennsylvania back road for a birthday present (fine art prints available for sale):

·
Registered
6,449 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
There are more, but I think that this gives you a pretty good feel for the things that I can do. Please contact me at my email address above if you would like to commission a piece of art. In most cases, the price will be below $100, unless it is an oil or acrylic painting, is very large, or requires a lot of detail. Matting, framing, shipping not included.

Thanks.

·
Registered
6,449 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Forgot to include a pencil sketch. This one is for sale. Sorry for the shadow...it's me taking a pic with the cell phone.

·
Banned
1,228 Posts
DEVI! GF! If I send one of my fav pics can you take the wrinkles out of the picture and make me look young again? I'm serious!

·
Registered
6,449 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yes, of course I can. That is our perogative. LOL! Send me an email with the pic that you like, and I we'll start from there.

·
Registered
6,449 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Here is an impressionist acrylic painting. It is being donated to the KTA for the silent auction at the state shoot. Thought that I should put a trapshooting pic up here. This one is entitled "Doubles", and is a guy catching 2 spent shells (notice right hand up in the upper left hand corner).

Art prints are available.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Your work is beautiful. Approximately how long does it take for a watercolor, and can you give an estimate of cost? Thanks.

·
Registered
4,276 Posts
Musketman, years ago I had a Brittany that got into some rye by mistake as a pup. I always wondered if that's what made him so foolish. Trapper was a fun guy.

·
Registered
6,449 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Eperry, an 8" x 10" watercolor is usually around $55 or $60 unframed. The price can change depending on if it is larger or smaller, or if you have me custom mat and frame it. If I think that the prints will sell, I also consider reducing the price a bit.

Also, for volume orders, such as a series, I consider that and give a package price. I do the same for multiple gift orders of the same drawing or painting. Right now, I am doing 3 drawings of one of ts.com's trapshooter's mother, and he got volume pricing for that. They are the same drawing, but they are all 3 pencil sketches...so they won't be exactly the same, but it is easier for me to do the subsequent ones because I have the shading and construction worked out.

Also, if you are putting on a state shoot or a club shoot and you need trophies, I will work with you on pricing, since I am a trapshooter myself and would like to give back to the sport when I can.

Thanks for asking!

·
Registered
6,449 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
"Mallard in a Pond". 8 x 10 original watercolor painting. Close up.

Detail:

Double matted and framed will make the whole piece an 11 x 14:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.