Trapshooters Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody have any experience, pros and cons, with the Ponsness Warren auto shell feed system? Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
2,804 Posts
I like mine.

I agree a spare return spring is a necessity. My first one broke after 10-15,000 rounds. I went to Home Depot and got one - it only lasted 5-7,000 rounds. Got replacements from Whiz White and I am hoping they will be better than the HD product - so far- so good.

I get about 500 rounds per hour without the hydraulic unit.

Don

·
Registered
1,750 Posts
alf174, I used to have the same problem. Drove me crazy till I figured it out. Hulls stuck in the whell and sometimes stuck at the switch and another would get stuck above it. My problem was the cover and switch weren't aligned with the drop tube. I had to stand above and look down to see it. The hulls would get stuck between the side of the switch lever and cover. It was like the hull wasn't heavy enough to trip the lever. I put slots in the cover to move it over and I bent the switch lever to be straight up and down centered with the drop tube. I also bent the lever to put a radius in it. That is hard to explain easily. It hasn't jammed up since I made the correction and I couldn't be happier with it. I used to think that two hulls were coming down to close to the same time also but that was no the case.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Pat,
Immediatly to the right of the base you only need about 8" but up above that you need about 3' for the hopper to the right of the shot and powder hoppers.
Sonny Daniels

·
Registered
9,529 Posts
Sonny- You stated about 3 feet. I have exactly 23 inches to the right of the shot/powder hoppers (new style large hoppers). Is that about 3 feet?

Pat Ireland

·
Registered
1,750 Posts
Pat, the right edge of the hull feeder hopper extends 21 inches from the right edge of the base of my 2000. That hopper is 39 inches above the bench. There is a lot of empty space under the hopper. 28 inches from the edge of the powder hopper to the outer edge of the hull feeder hopper. The hull feeder hopper is really bigger than it needs to be.

·
Registered
9,529 Posts
Thanks Jerry, I do not have room. I have a hydraulic PW 2000 and the shell feeder would not speed things up but since they are now on sale I thought it might be fun to tinker with one. I will have to wait for a model with a mini shell hopper.

Pat Ireland

·
Strong Supporter of Trapshooting
4,727 Posts
Pat: The sale ends end of the month, BUT the new price will only be $299.95 (up only $10). I thank P/W for not raising prices much.

Whiz<BR>
P/W Distributor

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.