Trapshooters Forum banner

Coming out of retirement

2040 Views 14 Replies 10 Participants Last post by  slide action
I retired from trapshooting in 1988. My son in-law stored my reloading "stuff" for me. I am thinking about starting back doing a little shooting and decided to go back through the stuff he had. There were a jillion gold medal hull which appear to be in good shape, another jillion federal wads which have retained their flexibility. But best of all there were three unopened 8lb can of Dupont PB and about 65lb of shot. Looks to me that I can shoot for a while on this stuff. Particularly the PB....I love it.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

· Registered
1,107 Posts
There’s about 1K rounds in that 50+ lbs of shot. If you’re coming out of retirement and plan on shooting much, it would be wise to start accumulating more if possible. I begin to twitch when I get below 100lbs.

· Premium Member
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I know. After I ascertain that I can still hit a few targets I am going to set about accumulating some more, particularly shot. Best I can determine good primers are impossible to get right now.

· Registered
13,015 Posts
900 and I picked up some 1000 CCI 109s which I know are old but should light the PB ok.
The 109s should be OK to use but ,the data for them isn't published on the powder loading data sites anymore. You can find loading data for them in the older reloading manuals . That is one reason I keep ALL my old reloading books and pamphlets.

· Registered
13,015 Posts
I retired from trapshooting in 1988. My son in-law stored my reloading "stuff" for me. I am thinking about starting back doing a little shooting and decided to go back through the stuff he had. There were a jillion gold medal hull which appear to be in good shape, another jillion federal wads which have retained their flexibility. But best of all there were three unopened 8lb can of Dupont PB and about 65lb of shot. Looks to me that I can shoot for a while on this stuff. Particularly the PB....I love it.
It won't last all that long. If you haven't been keeping up with Ammo and reloading prices , you had better be prepared for a REAL SHOCKER when buying more--That's assuming you can EVEN FIND ANY ! At any rate welcome back and shoot well !

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.