Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
..I have seen comments on this site where shooters state " I raised/lowered my comb 1/16 or even 1/32 of an inch and got better breaks/score" I cannot tell any difference in results unless I move the comb 1/8 to 1/4 inch. I know that 1/16 change equals 2 in at 40 yards. To me 2 inches does not make a recognisable difference in results. Am I just that insensitive or are some of you shooters joy riding you mind by 1/32 1/16 inch change in comb height....?......Smokit

·
Registered
4,156 Posts
With my old MX-15 barrel, which had a hot core, 2" @ 40 was enough to go from vaporization to smoke. With my new barrel there is no difference in smoke. Once, at a clinic, I was blowing the bottoms off birds. I was told to try a higher POI. I lowered the front of my Perazzi rib 2 notches ( about 2.5" ~ 3") and got good breaks.

What I do find is that adding 1/16" messes me up on straights for a while. I has no apparent effect on angles. I know it makes me miss on straights until I get used to it, but I can't believe it was the 2" POI change that did it. It has to be some other psychological something, like seeing more rib or something like that.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts