Trapshooters Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,558 Posts
Generally, they are not suitable for US-style reloading where we reload previously fired hulls. Those Italian reloaders generally are made for use with new, unfired hulls. Many of them have motors to spin the final crimp die.

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
I watched a couple of videos of a Colvini press in action. It appears it is only for crimping. It does not deprime, reprime, drop powder or drop shot. It does, however, make really nice crimps. This one is not the exact same press but the one in the Ebay ad it is set up basically the same.

·
Banned
1,072 Posts
Also no resizing. If you want one stick with the colvini, they use ball bearing on the rizer not metal on metal like the other two major ones. They also use a belt reduction for the spin closer to get the right rpm, although one of the others just recently started offering a 6 pole motor. You only need the first and last station the other two make no diffrence in the crimp appearance. But really that is to much handle pulling.

·
Registered
2,186 Posts
I would like to see some once fired hulls run. And, all these are 6 point crimps--I suppose they have 8 point as well?
I don't think I need one but am always fascinated by new, different, machines.
Cool!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts