Trapshooters Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Steve; It appears that both sights have been changed. The grips are of a later vintage. (1910-1919) The medallions should both be facing forward on a gun mfg. in 1906. The hammer, trigger and bolt screws are later and appear to be to long. There should also be a VP in a triangle proof mark on the left front of the trigger guard. Hammer looks like a type III used from 1908 – 1940. If you were to sell to a non collector the pistol could bring as much as $2,000.00 If a knowledgeable collector looked at the pistol he probably would not purchase due to the incorrect state of the pistol. There are still questions as to the serial numbers in the correct location, the assembler numbers matching and in the correct format and the barrel address. . If you would like to discuss this gun, feel free to contact me at 727-415-0811 EST

·
Registered
6,754 Posts
Who ever had it liked to shoot. Maybe the collector value is dimenished due to the mods and the buggered screws but this would be a great shooter.

I would think the market value would be in line with what more recent shooters bring (which is never cheap). Something in the $1,200 range.

·
Registered
2,587 Posts
Interesting gun. Cylinder appears to have been beveled. Can't tell if ejector rod is bulleyes or not. TrapCrazy, looking at the bottom of the gun, can you tell us where the SN's are located? Two in front of the trigger guard and one on the butt strap?

Thanks,

Steve

·
Registered
308 Posts
This gun may be altered, "butchered" I don't think so. Gun is 100 years old, I would think that someone in the past used this gun and altered it to fit their preferences. Maybe a closet queen is worth more as they are hard to find, But a gun that has been used as they were meant to be should not be considered "butchered" Every condition has some value. Well used trap guns will change due to use and are always priced accordingly.

Letts

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.