Trapshooters Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,496 Posts
I shot my stainless one the other day- and they really are easy to shoot- and of course they fit in your pocket easily because of how thin they are- even with a holster on

The stainless has a following and the lightweight is of course lighter --

Good they reintroduced it- about as good of a concealed carry gun size wise as you can get

Regards from Iowa

Gene

PS- the only challange is figuring out what of all the ammo available should you load it with

·
Premium Member
10,496 Posts
Havent had problems with any ammo-- all feeds and fires- just wonder what are the best options for a personal defense round

I kind of would like to have another magazine though- just to have one but the one I do have works flawlessly- you do have to put a lot of pressure on though to fill it up

I actually dont usually carry with a round in the chamber- if I did I would use the holster I have -

Regards from Iowa

Gene

·
Registered
328 Posts
I've carried the Govt. .380 as a tool for a Summer, even though it is the largest of the useless calibers. Aside from the factory recall fix of the triple leaf spring, it has other more serious reliability issues. Most notable being that it dumps the clip just enough to not pick up the next round after your thumb bumps the mag release during recoil. That particular problem was so prevalent that aftermarket grips were designed that would shield the release button from thumb contact when using a right handed grip. And it (mine) would jam hollow points on the feed ramp. My next foray into something too underpowered will be a Sig 238 HD cuz it's stainless and has a steel frame instead of an 'alloy' frame.

·
Registered
3,137 Posts
I have a Browning BDA 380 which has a 13+1 capacity and an approximately 4" barrel. I do not carry it but keep it around the deer shack. For personal protection in the home, I have an 870 with a riot barrel and buckshot.

The BDA was originally designed as a service weapon for the Belgium police and military. It is double action and has a very smooth trigger. Mine was made by Beretta in Italy for Browning and it is deep blue with walnut grips. Used BDA's go for $500-$700 on GunsAmerica.

It is super comfortable to shoot and with an extra magazine and Hornady 90 grain Critical Defense or Federal Hydra-Shok cartridges, I feel comfortable if I have to defend myself.

When the BDA was introduced in the early 1980's or so, its nickname was "the pocket rocket".

Ed Ward.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.