Trapshooters Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
594 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
70"s series...The slide has been milled flat on the top and a Wichita front and fully adjustable rear sight installed. The ejection port has been beveled and lowered. Barrel is fitted and the front retainer bushing and plunger are custom and have also been fitted. The barrel has been chamfered and the ramp polished. It will feed empty cases from the mag. Blueing is a royal blue..it almost looks black.

The frame has been checkered on the lower front and rear and also the front of the trigger guard. 18 lines per inch. the hammer is standard but has been coned. The beavertail grip safety, flat main spring housing, extended slide release, extended safety, trigger and shock buffers are.."Wilson Combat". The trigger has has a spacer fitted to the rear so there is no creap and it breaks
crisp and clean. the finish is armoloy. Mag well is also beveled and chamfered.

At one time this was my duty weapon. Then in the 80's the dept bought us weapons to use. I played around and this is what i finished with.

Pics to come...Thank you--Cigar !!

Vern

·
Registered
3,211 Posts
Way to go Vern Hmmmmmmmm I might be if I hear the right price .

I just thought somebody would like to see it . OBOY A gun to look at.

You did,t offended anyone you just did,t think .

·
Registered
10,458 Posts
I think people are getting cabin fever? Two nice guys going at it? I just went out on my Harley to get rid of some cabin fever. It was pretty cold but I needed it

·
Registered
209 Posts
The reason he put it on here was that he was proud of it, and wanted to show it to humans. Obviously he came to the wrong place.

BK

·
Registered
1,387 Posts
Vern,

Nice gun. I carried one for a long time. When it started "stove piping" on me I sold it. I'm sure with the work you have had done it is a great carry.

JON

·
Registered
282 Posts
I had the stainless version as dept issue for almost 10 yrs. Yours looks 10X better than ours did. I was able to buy mine when we switched to the S&W SIGMA. Wish we would've kept the .45 Commanders. Thanks for posting the photos and description.

·
Registered
309 Posts
You're so right EE maybe this would be a good thread for showing off our pistols (firearms) while the weather keeps a lot of us off the trap fields for awhile longer.

·
Registered
2,318 Posts
I bet Vern could shoot a flea of a house fly when he was carrying that one.

Nice one Vern. Thanks for sharing your photo!!!!

WesleyB

·
Registered
822 Posts
Nice Commander, those Wichita sights were really good. Hand checkered looking good.

Here is one I built and it happens to be for sale. It's on a Para Ordnance gunsmith frame with a Caspian slide and all the best in 40 S&W hi cap of course.

·
Registered
81 Posts
"We all got guns"
I don't they fell overboard on a fishing trip.
nice 45 Vern that is some real work to get a 1911 to feed empty cases.
mine started life as a colt MK IV series 80 stainless frame blued slide
It still looks the same
Wilson match barrel and bushing, full length guide rod and spring,and stainless firing pin, Springfield trigger, sear main spring, and grit grips.
the gun shoots better than I do
Pete

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.