Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
2,235 Posts
Use the search term “anodized aluminum washers”, in your favorite browser.

·
Premium Member
5,557 Posts
Not sure if this is current, but try the link below and look under gun accessories.

Rods Custom Stocks

·
Registered
857 Posts
If you have clear washers just color with a felt tip pen.
Colored comb washers at $19.95 for 16 washer ? = $1.25 each --When you can go to Fastenal {a nut and bolt store} and buy nylon flat washers - 1/4" to 3/4" hole size -- I use 7/16"- comes in 5 thicknesses -0.031 for 8 cents each -up to 0.125 for 16 cents each. =Less than $2.50 for the same thing -- but there all white

·
Registered
8,549 Posts
Never have understood why the colored washers are so darn high priced.
Sort of like gas prices I guess, because they can.
I’m like most of you, just use all white ones, a couple bucks at hardware store.

·
Premium Member
2,113 Posts
Once you know the height you need, turn them from a nice piece of wood that matches you stock.
Brilliant idea on the color match to your comb & Stock.

Now consider my approach to your idea ...

I used the white washers and bought a 3 piece Stain Marker Kit from Bed, Bath & Beyond and colorized the edges to a perfect color match to my Stock. Give it a Shot, Storeman Norman

·
Registered
4,772 Posts
I found 1911 buffers work fine; I have one on the bottom of each post on my 1100 Competition. I had a bag of them in my parts drawers.

·
Registered
104 Posts
I've heard white nylon (washers) can be dyed with Rit fabric dye. A guy I know uses this method to change the color of his radio control car wheels.

·
Thorn in your side
8,117 Posts
I've heard white nylon (washers) can be dyed with Rit fabric dye. A guy I know uses this method to change the color of his radio control car wheels.
I imagine so. Years ago, before they had colored zip ties we dyed the white ones to match the color of my race car. It was trial and error on amount and time left in the hot water mixture to get the color we wanted.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts