Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned
9,042 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Don't the Republicans have the same opportunities?

·
Registered
5,755 Posts
Hey, Stl Smokin'...all the alternative candidates that can actually do political damage to the front-runner are on OUR side of the spectrum (Tea Party, Libertarian).

The "right end" has actual diversity in the choices it presents to its voters (as opposed to your side, where they all come from the same statist cookie cutter).

·
Registered
2,060 Posts
I think open primaries are the way to go. Without them, third party candidates have almost no chance of being elected.

·
Registered
5,755 Posts
Well, allow me to expand on that thought. The Libertarians get candidates on the ballot, under their own party name, all the time. The problem is, because of their stances like "unregulated immigration," they don't get any votes. Their brand identity is crap, and many see them as kooks. As a result, they no longer want to run under their own party name. What they want to do is "parasitize" the nomination of some OTHER party, and free-ride on that party's organization and name recognition to achieve a level of success they could never achieve on their own.

They've run their own car into the ditch...so now they need to carjack one from somebody else to finish the race.

The Lefty financiers understand Republican obstruction in Congress is the last remaining obstacle to their goal of communizing the country. They want to enlist your assistance in wiping the slate clean of any well-financed opposition to THEIR candidate. They realize there's a grumbling rabble of anonymous losers out there who hate Religion and Authority, who want to sit in their mom's basement smoking weed and exchanging Robert Heinlein quotes on the internet.

They realize these people can "useful dupes" to help them achieve their goals...so, you see efforts like the one above.

·
Banned
9,042 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So, is that a yes, or a no?

·
Registered
3,398 Posts
I think they should do away with the primaries. Go back to the old way of letting the party bosses in the smoke filled rooms pick the candiate. Look at the last GOP presidential candiates: McSame, and Romney. The 4 or 5 conservative candiates split the conservative vote and the moderate has all the moderate vote to themselves, thus getting the nomination.

Starting next Nov. (2014) the race for the president will start. For 2 years the candiates will go through a meatgrinder, anal exam by the media before the actual election. We will have a fresh candiate until the media decides he/she is too fresh, too uppity, then they will go on a 6 months tear destroying that candiate. Then fresh bait. Let the party bosses decide who will be the candiate at the late August convention. That person will be fresh, exciting and maybe not enough time for the media to destroy em before the election.

Let the candiate be beholding to the party, and the party platform. What happened to party platforms anyway? Back in the old days the candiate was supposed to be committed to the party platform, whatever that may be.

But if you are going to have primaries, you shouldn't allow anybody or anything to show up and vote.

·
Registered
25,277 Posts
The leftinistas want to ensure a liberal wins no matter what.

So by helping to nominate a RINO in the primary, they ensure that no matter how the general election turns out, a liberal wins.

It's a win-win for liberals.

I'm still a registered Republican so I can try to prevent an anti-gun RINO from being nominated. And if one does, then I vote third party in the general. Because either way an anti-gun liberal will win and an anti-gun liberal will lose. Some choice.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts