Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
764 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am working on booking a ski trip to Keystone resort in Dillon Colorado, does anyone have any hookups for me for cheap places to stay or cheap lift tickets. There will most likely be 4 of us. Also is there any winter shooting out there in that area? I went to keystone last year and loved it, but the place I stayed has doubled its price since last year, I didn't think the place was worth what I had to pay then let alone double. Thanks in advance!!

·
Registered
714 Posts
If your going for sure, PM me with your address and I can send you some (8) 1/2 off lift ticket employee coupons that are valid for Vail, BC, Keystone or Breck.
Bob

·
Registered
65 Posts
Was there 2 years ago. Great place,stayed close to lifts so not cheap. Leadvail I might be coming out later after first of year. Any chance you have more coupons.

·
Registered
764 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
jbbor, I choose Colorado because its the best skiing, If the people of Colorado don't like their guns that's their problem not mine. They are the ones who let the government win not me.

·
Registered
714 Posts
Wow, I didn't know I don't like my guns. 3 senator recalls pretty much summed it up I thought of what the "people of Colorado" think..

Thanks, Bob

·
Registered
764 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Jbbor is the one that bad mouthed Colorado, obviously over gun laws. I guess I went about it the wrong way. I was simply stating I wasn't going to stop spending my hard earned money in a state over gun laws that's just plain stupid. Im sorry I hurt your guys feelings and am no longer looking for anything from any of you. Thanks for the offer Leadvail, sorry I upset you.

·
Registered
764 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yeah because me asking where I could shoot, stay, ski, and eat in your state I don't want to now? You make no sense. I was offering to do all of those things..... If you were wanting to come to my state I would do anything I could to help you find a place to shoot, stay, eat and do anything else I could to save you a few bucks.

·
Registered
20,337 Posts
If you are flying into DIA ( or even driving I-70 ), and want a place to shoot, go to the linked website and Come On Down to Golden Gun Club. Shotgun section open to the public. Dec. 15 ATA registered shoot, Jan 12, ATA shoot, Feb 8-9 ATA shoot, March 9 ATA shoot. Pawnee Sportsmans Center has a Dec 8 ATA shoot. Everyting else pretty much shuts down for ATA in the winter and I do NOT know if they even are open for Recreational Trap shooting. Up in the high hills where the Powder floats pretty much all that flies in winter are birds, airplanes, and ski bums. HeH.

Don T. Humping my club to the tourist trade. ( But that's my job. )

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
I did not bad mouth Colorado. Just asked a simple question. I have many friends who live there. I lived in Idaho Springs for a while in the early 70's. I hope they get there political situation under better control. It was a shooters and hunters paradise when I lived there. Political and economic pressure is the only thing that will change their future. Jimmy Borum

·
Registered
764 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
You were trolling looking to start a fight, I was stupid and fell for it. And ended up ticking off the people that were trying to help me. If that's not what you were doing explain your comment.

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
I don't troll and don't start fights. Your the one who lost your cool over a simple comment. The only way to stop what is happening to our freedoms is for us to pressure the silent majority into action. That means to use whatever means available including economic pressure where we can. There are many comments on TS.com to boycott things and entities that work against our firearm freedoms. Patronize them if you like. Jimmy Borum

·
Registered
340 Posts
Yote,

Last time I was there stayed at hotel across the street from "The Goat, Whiskey & Soup". Don't remember the name, but look at Googlemaps to find it. It was the cheapest i could find at the time. Made it easy to get home from The Goat. PBR's for a $1 or something good like that. http://www.soupandwhiskey.com/

Don't miss A-Basin while you're there, or a short drive over to Breck. Keystone is a good base to get to the other 2 places. A-Basin is high, very high. If you like oxygen with your ski resort, it might not be for you, but it has great terain, good people and even better bowl of chili at the top of the mountain.

Have fun, and be careful.

·
Registered
764 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Thanks guys, we wanted to ski A-basin last time and never made it over there. There is so much to see at keystone we never skied all of keystone in a week. We took the pass coming into Dillon instead of the interstate and drove by A-basin, its most alcompletely above the tree line if I remember correctly. The pass was very cool, but not for the faint at heart!!!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts