Trapshooters Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had the best hunting trip of my life. I've got serious problems with my legs, and have to wear rigid braces from knees to toes. The outfitter and guide worked hard with my disability to make certain everything went well.

The guide called this 6x6 into 150 yards. It took 4 solid hits with a .300 Weatherby with factory 200 gr. Nosler Partitions to keep him from going down a couple hundred yards of steep slope. It was 4:30 in the afternoon and we didn't want to deal with bringing him back up. After quartering him out and hanging the meat it was a half mile walk and another hour or more on horseback to get back to camp at 9:00.

If anybody wants the outfitter info, let me know. Out of 69 hunters, 67 of us had the opportunity to shoot.

·
Registered
3,182 Posts
Shootin' was the easy part, wasn't it. Nice bull, nice trophy, good meat in the freezer.

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
Good job, nothing like a good elk or mule deer hunt. When younger really enjoyed bow and gun hunting in the mountains. Love those open spaces.

·
Registered
488 Posts
Good for you Rum River. Used to go to Colorado back in the 90's for several years in a row. Really looked forward to it every October. Great times and good fun. Elk are one of my favorite big game animals to hunt, and the meats pretty tasty too. Glad you had a good hunt.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.