Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any tips or ideas on fundraisers for a brand new college club team? We are desperately in need of funds right now but are a bit lost on where to start. We're located in Duluth, MN, so that could pose slight difficulties but we are a very eager team. Most of our fundraising would go toward transportation and entry costs to tournaments as they can get a bit pricey for some college students.

And yes, we have a MidwayUSA account set up. We have a place to put the money - more so looking for a place to FINA the money.

Thank you in advance!!

·
Registered
280 Posts
I've posted on your threads before. So hopefully this won't repeat anything I've said before and you take my advice.

First, apply for a midway or SCTP fundraiser. They give FREE items for you to raffle.

Second, go to this website and apply for a grant: 2015/16 Grant Application Information | National Shooting Sports Foundation

Third, reach out to alumni or local organizations, for example ducks unlimited NWTF, RMEF, etc

Good luck to you

·
Administrator
8,286 Posts
Take a look at this, if there is a local club that you and the rest of your group practice at work out a deal where for the services of loading traps--scoring rounds--general basics that help keep the club running you could trade for practice rounds or donation to your program.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
We already help out at the club just to be able to have a night to shoot, not to make money. Otherwise that would be a good idea!

·
Registered
3,585 Posts
You may have a restaurant in your area that offers a community fund raiser if you meet certain condition. Look at some of the chain restaurants in your area. Maybe one has a deal where you have a special night where people that have gone to the restaurant and maybe have a coupon or mention some thing can have a part of their bill given to your group. We just did this in one organization I am involved with and they gave us almost $200

·
Premium Member
4,186 Posts
ask the club if you can run a turkey/prize shoot. Ask for a discount on targets thrown so you make money on the targets. Our club charges 4 dollars for 10 targets, 5 shooters (20 dollars in) and the prize is 10 dollars. (10 dollars left over) pay the club 10 cents a target (5 dollars) and you make 5 dollars and the club gets paid for their cost of the targets. You can adjust the prices accordingly. OR try the old X target or lucky target shoot.. 15 shooters at 3 dollars each 45 dollars in and give our 15 dollar prize. you make 30 bucks and no cost of targets other than some paper and time spent.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts