College Admissions Scandal | Trap Shooters Forum
  1. Recently members have been receiving an email about confirming their account. Do not click the link. If you have done so and entered your login information, change your password immediately, and ensure the email address on your account is correct. This is a phishing scam designed to take your login information. Details here: https://www.trapshooters.com/threads/confirmation-email-warning.694601/
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Members are required to have 50 posts before using the Classifieds Area, or PM system to contact. Any subversion of these rules will result in action taken against your account. The rules are posted here: https://www.trapshooters.com/threads/rules-for-using-the-for-sale-by-members-want-to-buy-want-to-trade-sections.265247/
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

College Admissions Scandal

Discussion in 'Politics, Elections & Legislation' started by School Teacher, Mar 14, 2019.

1. School Teacher

School Teacher Well-Known Member

This is a very disturbing development with respect to the large sums of money involved and the potential complicity of university officials, coaches and teachers. I hope that when these individuals are identified and charged, they are prosecuted. If individuals are found guilty, the professional licensing boards should examine their suitability to hold teaching and administrative certificates.

Students improperly admitted should have their status as students in degree granting programs examined.

I attended engineering and business courses and earned passing grades. These courses required considerable effort. I had to take competitive exams to gain admittance to engineering, business, and education schools. Everything I achieved was earned and I was granted an undergraduate degree in commerce and master’s degrees in business and education.

The thought that you can be admitted to a top flite university because of a financial contribution by your parents is disturbing.

b12 and BMWBOB thanked this.
  2. timb99

timb99 Well-Known Member

I wonder what the children of those parents think of them? "Mom, Dad, you thought I was too stupid to get into college on my own merit, so you bribed people????"

BMWBOB and Perazzi_MX8 thanked this.
  3. Setterman

Setterman Well-Known Member

No surprise. This has been going on for a long, long time.

Now I know why I didn't get my Harvard Crew scholarship.

Cowboy Rick thanked this.
  4. rapid86

rapid86 Well-Known Member

5. Rick Barker

Rick Barker Well-Known Member

News report Trump made a multimillion dollar donation to college that took in his son in-law. True or not, wealthy people, including alumni have been donating enough money to have buildings named after them and have their children blessed as legacy’s for longer than any of us have been alive. Not much different as I see it.

Last edited: Mar 14, 2019
    Cowboy Rick thanked this.
  6. Kazer

Kazer Well-Known Member

The head of this and 2 of his lackeys that were arrested are from my home town.
    What's hilarious about the Celebrity children that are caught up in this would never of used their "Opera History" degree anyways because they are rich/set for life anyways.
    They also made payments to a person and not to an entity of some kind or better yet, the University itself. What ever happened to building the school a new wing on the Library or sponsoring a new weight room for the Athletics department?

7. Kazer

Kazer Well-Known Member

They did, $250k a semester with an additional "bonus" donation after graduation.

8. skeet2day

skeet2day Well-Known Member

I think we are seeing the tip of the iceberg...and the definition of just what the “SWAMP” really is...these folks all scratch each other’s backs...call most of here deplorables...call most of us stupid...want to distract from themselves by destroying our country with open boarders and illegals voting...to keep the cameras off them.

I hope they all are prosecuted and sentenced to max sentences...now we are seeing just how big of egotistical assh*les these people are.

9. XP100

XP100 Banned User Banned

But a lot that get a degree that made the cut on their own should not have graduated. I know several that could not pour pi$$ out of a boot if the instructions were written on the heel.

10. skeet2day

11. skeet2day

12. Don-mx3

Don-mx3 Well-Known Member

13. amboy49

amboy49 Well-Known Member

I guess her “cheating” was different from the newly exposed cheating !

BMWBOB thanked this.
  14. CharlieAMA

CharlieAMA Well-Known Member

I think it is funny that those rich liberal movie and TV stars think that money can buy everything, but they don't like capitalism.

BMWBOB and School Teacher thanked this.
  15. gcbailey

gcbailey Well-Known Member

Amazing they can act this quickly on a college scam but not when the politicians are doing it.

otdrsmn, BMWBOB and Don Steele thanked this.
  16. tomk2

tomk2 Well-Known Member

They were too stupid to get into those schools.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

17. skeet2day

Does anyone actually belief the kids in question didn’t have knowledge or suspicion that this was going on...DUH

18. BSAMX

BSAMX Well-Known Member

"Well yes, you are" and "Yes, we did"!

Gold Medal thanked this.
  19. b12

b12 Well-Known Member

This stuff has been going on in all the colleges in all stayes for 30 years or more. Nothing new. Just something here to scare the littler people. I've been complaining for as long. Been a deep drag on taxpayers on propping up in incompetent .

20. wrzone

wrzone Active Member

What about the so called Athletes getting a preferential treatment.
    Do they go to College to play sports or learn???

H M and Steve W thanked this.
Search tags for this page

college admission forum