Trapshooters Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

coldest temp you shot in

4K views 25 replies 25 participants last post by  zzt 
#1 ·
1993, Blandon gun club in Pa. -10 Was shooting new Rem. Premiers and they sounded terrible. Alot of unburnt powder in the barrel.

#6 ·
in the early 80's i shot in 26 below zero and wind chills of 80 below. that was the first time to my knowledge that the waukesha gun club closed down due to cold weather. the trap machines were not working correctly, and management thought the kids could get frost bite. i did not shoot very good, no one was smoking targets etc. one of the guys rem 1100 would not function properly. that was the day a rem rep suggested to use graphite instead of wd40 in extreme cold weather.
steve balistreri

#12 ·
Last winter in Rock Springs, WY., -15F. It was a Wednesday night, and we had a full squad just to shoot practice. Shoot 25-targets, go inside and warm-up for a half-hour, repete.

Also shot some very cold and WINDY Sunday mornings at my favorite club,,, Cheyenne, WY. We had this crazy thing we joined in on, called the Cold-Gun League. Man, I miss Cheyenne.....

Matt

#15 ·
i think papillion ne. xmas meat shoot held just recently - hard wind out of the N.W. ,heard the radioman say- be careful it'll be -17to-25 windchill! their gunclub sits behind trees and down low on the platt river so that helped a lil! about 30 shooters! i looking for a heated adjustable comb!
wally riebesell rock port mo

#17 ·
I shot skeet one night at Blue Grass (Wilmore, KY) when it was 4 degrees. Shells sounded a little funny. One nice thing, there was no waiting. Went pheasant hunting once and it was 20 below zero in Kansas. Should have taken the hint it was too cold to be out, saw several cows in the field frozen to death. Worst night shooting was on bitter cold night and on the way to the gun club I had spilled chocolate milk on my crotch. Don't even like to think about it.
Now who is Hokie? I thought I knew most of people at BG.
Funniest time I ever shot was a couple of yrs ago a sudden snow storm blew in and one of the gun club managers at Elk Creek came in with a snow drift on one side of this head.

Charlie

#18 ·
Coldest temp was around 0 with 20 mph winds. Shot skeet that day, it's a bit of a walk to the skeet range, after 2 round I couldn't take it anymore. Decided at that point I don't shoot below 40 degrees anymore. This decision has really shortened my shooting season living in Minnesota.

#19 ·
Years ago (about 10 I think) I was shooting Winter league here in Michigan. I was entered in both Trap and Skeet leagues and was catching up on my skeet scores. The thermometer at the club, and it proved to be pretty accurate, showed 15 below zero. Skeet moves slower than Trap and we all stood next to the fireplace for a long time afterwards.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.