Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
997 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Getting colder here in the Nort country. Now that we're in the 40's my eyes are totally watering up while shooting, especially in the wind. Do you folks have any tricks to stop this short of relocation south?

·
Premium Member
1,521 Posts
Have you tried the wraparound style of shooting glasses ? I have the same problem with my eyes watering. I went from Decot's with blinders to Pilla Outlaws. It has helped me greatly. bill

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
I have a huge watering problem year around. I found that wearing ski goggles really helped this problem but cannot wear a hat with them. Thought would interfere with gun mount but it didn't. I shoot a high straight stock. Gud luck whatever you try.

·
Registered
121 Posts
There are a lot of companies out there that make safety glasses that seal around your eyes to block wind, dust and such. I have a pair that I wear when riding my atv. Only problem is that without air flow to ventilate they tend to fog easily.

·
Registered
1,939 Posts
Wear shooting glasses with blinders. Use the bill of your ball cap to help block the breeze

John
What John said. With the blinders and cap even with the top of the glasses, there is enough ventilation to prevent fogging and no cold air hitting your eyes. Steve

·
Registered
7,025 Posts
I would like to have a trap range with heated, covered firing points. Dream on. HMB
This is the setup at Club L'Acadie (southeast of Montreal, Quebec). Not for ATA shooting. You can shoot trap in the coldest and the worst winter conditions you can imagine. Heat lamps (on timers) provide heat. On wheels so it can be moved out of the way during warm weather operations. The clubs 5-stand has a similar building.

lacadietrap.jpg

P1000228.jpg

·
Registered
7,025 Posts
Thats a great idea shooting under cover with some heat!!
The club initially had one for the 5-stand (common to see covered 5-stands) and just ran with the idea. No you can't shoot handicap, but the idea is to keep people shooting through the winter.

Seeing more and more covered 5-stands in my travels. About 30 minutes to the south of the L'Acadie club, a two story covered 5-stand at a private club and last weekend I was at a shoot in Vermont with a covered 5-stand (rained all day and nobody got wet).

IMG_0511.JPG

1 - 20 of 37 Posts