Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
2,002 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wow! 10 below zero. 25 mph winds. Toughest targests I have ever shot. Maybe 7 1/2s would have been better. :)

Clyde

·
Registered
979 Posts
40-F here right now, tomorrow around 55-F, Saturday they are saying 70-F. You are always welcome to come to Texas Clyde.....

Matt Nicol

·
Registered
489 Posts
Now Clyde, you certainly are not trying to get these fine folks on TS.Com to believe you are going away from your loyal load of #6's in favor of 7 1/2's are you?

Don Cogan

·
Registered
523 Posts
It certainly is a challenge shooting in northern Ohio. Yesterday, it was in the mid-30's, so most of us shot in shirtsleeves early in the day. By evening we were into high winds and freezing rain, so a light jacket was needed. Tuesday's forecast is 8-10 below zero with wind chills at 30 below, so my guess is we are gonna have to find our gloves, and maybe even use them.

Paul

·
Registered
2,002 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Them bunnies! Them were the days! Bad weather was never a factor when I was in that age bracket. Loved to track pheasants in heavy snow. Have caught a few bare handed. (in the 50's & 60's).

Clyde

·
Registered
2,002 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Duck Dog, Did I ever show you how I load 1-5/8 oz of 6's in a 2-3/4 inch shell? Gotta shave the wads down a little bit.

Clyde

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
Looks like someone knows where there is a cottontail honeyhole, to be back for pics before 10am, with a full limit. Great shooting, bet not many got away from these 2.
DaveB

·
Registered
693 Posts
Dave it's not gospel but I think one got 5 and one got 3, just rumor nothing legal. That young guy is a force to be reckoned with! Guess who is cooking dinner! Glenn Allison

1 - 20 of 24 Posts