Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there such an animal out there?

I know there are systems that operate trap and skeet fields with coins. But is there a system that has something like a vending machine to sell the coins. This would eliminate any monetary errors as the system would accept cash/card and dispense the coins purchased.

Any help is appreciated.

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
I used to see vending type machines at the golf driving ranges. Could purchase as many coins as you wanted and then use them as needed. Now its a key fob that you can recharge. I like the key fob better.

·
Registered
198 Posts
We have a coin box that accepts tokens on a trap field so members can use the field at their convenience. We sell tokens at all club events and have one nearby business office that keeps some on-hand for members that want to shoot during the day when there is no club activity. I have looked into a token dispenser, but we haven't done anything for a couple of reasons.
  1. The machines that accept cash and dispense coins are pretty expensive.
  2. The area is fairly isolated and unattended. Currently the coin box contains only tokens with no cash value, so not much theft risk. A machine that accepts cash would be a magnet for theft.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Coyote Valley sells coins from a dispenser inside the clubhouse which is similar to what you'd find in an arcade. $60 for 9 tokens and they have an ATM right next to the machine.

·
Registered
329 Posts
The gun club I shoot at has a card system, looks just like a credit card. You can load as much money as you want on it. When you are ready to shoot you put the card on the Promatic station, press a button and it subtracts the money for one round, and gives you 27 birds. Each shooter in the squad has his own card and does the same thing in order to shoot. No cash involved outside of the clubhouse, and you can shoot without going in as long as you have money on the card.

·
Registered
632 Posts
The coin system is old technology. The current system used in Europe now is a card purchased There’s a kiosk in the clubhouse the allows you to put in a €20 note and load that monetary value on the card which you plug-in at the individual range and shoot

·
Registered
206 Posts
I was in FL at a coin operated trap. Two twenty something couples and me. The ladies were new to trap. The guys were “helping”with the operation and were free with their “nice shots” to the ladies and chucking my birds as they “helped”. I only got twenty two or so when it was over. Not fun. I’m sure it’s better at a club than a public place.

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
The coin system is old technology. The current system used in Europe now is a card purchased There’s a kiosk in the clubhouse the allows you to put in a €20 note and load that monetary value on the card which you plug-in at the individual range and shoot
Clark County Shooting Complex in Las Vegas, Nevada has been using the card system for some time. It is wonderful service for the shooter.

·
Registered
198 Posts
We do a safety orientation on operating and loading the machine when folks first buy tokens. Our trap house is pretty deep and we keep plenty of birds stored inside so nobody has to get them from storage. But yes, members have the combination to all locks on the range.

·
Registered
31,098 Posts
I have used both coin and card systems. I like the card better. Waiting for I-Pay with iPhone.

·
Banned
476 Posts
Is there such an animal out there?

I know there are systems that operate trap and skeet fields with coins. But is there a system that has something like a vending machine to sell the coins. This would eliminate any monetary errors as the system would accept cash/card and dispense the coins purchased.

Any help is appreciated.
Check out Briley's coin operated vending machines.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts