Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
5,696 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Clubs are open again in Illinois May 1st with restrictions. Maywood Sportsmen's Club opened with 3 shooter per squad limit, no cash transactions, shooters shack closed, and general spacing restrictions. If the numbers of infected people rises, the clubs will probably have to shut down again.

·
Premium Member
Perazzi MX2000 31.5/34 combo with a prosoft
1,193 Posts
X-line was open this weekend. No issues. Physical (social) distancing, no hanging in the club house. Minimal contact to pay and done one at a time at the end of the day. Put a little over a flat through this weekend.

·
Registered
5,696 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Northbrook Sports Club also opened with restrictions. Squads limited to 3 shooters, clubhouse and dining area closed, no cash transactions, no large gathering. Applies to trap, skeet, five stand, and sporting clays. All competitions and events cancelled.

·
Registered
1,711 Posts
-0- chance of anything opening up in May. Very little chance for the Open or the Grand, unless by some miracle a vaccine or cure suddenly becomes available. Illinois governor Pritzker has been very aggressive in prohibiting large gatherings, and besides, he's anti-gun anyway.

0 chance just changed some. The glass was half full !

·
Premium Member
Perazzi MX2000 31.5/34 combo with a prosoft
1,193 Posts
3 on a squad, no large gathering, no food, no cash transactions.
Still -0-.
We were not shooting 3 to a squad. Full squads and shot protections with some moderate spacing.

I get sticking to your guns, but you should probably admit when you’re wrong. Zero is no longer zero, even if it is unlikely that competitions happen in May. But since things like elective surgeries are restarting May 11, I imagine even with a continued shelter in place order from J.B., there will be some concessions.

That all starts, likely, with the ISTA board meeting this week and ruling regarding the state shoot.

We shall see.

·
Registered
5,696 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
We were not shooting 3 to a squad. Full squads and shot protections with some moderate spacing.

I get sticking to your guns, but you should probably admit when you’re wrong. Zero is no longer zero, even if it is unlikely that competitions happen in May. But since things like elective surgeries are restarting May 11, I imagine even with a continued shelter in place order from J.B., there will be some concessions.

That all starts, likely, with the ISTA board meeting this week and ruling regarding the state shoot.

We shall see.
I'll admit I was wrong when I'm wrong.

·
Registered
558 Posts
Northbrook Sports Club also opened with restrictions. Squads limited to 3 shooters, clubhouse and dining area closed, no cash transactions, no large gathering. Applies to trap, skeet, five stand, and sporting clays. All competitions and events cancelled.
I wish they would cater to us trap guys. I'm sure you still have to be a member to shoot there.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Palos Sportman’s club is now also open in Frankfort, IL.
I just checked the Palos website. Nothing on their website about being open. They had posted on FB that they were going to open, but deleted that post and said they need more time to make sure things are safe.
Maybe there is some newer info???

·
Registered
127 Posts
I just checked the Palos website. Nothing on their website about being open. They had posted on FB that they were going to open, but deleted that post and said they need more time to make sure things are safe.
Maybe there is some newer info???
yes, I got a recent email from Tim (mgr) that they are open! In fact, I’m going out there Wednesday morning.

·
Registered
5,696 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I've been to a few Grands. I didn't believe then and I don't believe now there's any chance of a Grand this year.
That's not being "hard headed," it's just being consistent.

·
Registered
1,645 Posts
WHY do they limit Trap and Sporting Clays/5 Stand to 3 to a squad????

Skeet, I can see it. They like grouping up behind the pad and have to touch each other EVERY TIME they hit 25 in a row. WTF

Jimmy Bowen
To make people, especially the politicians, feel that it is safer, than just staying 9' away.

·
Super Moderator
3,238 Posts
I've been to a few Grands. I didn't believe then and I don't believe now there's any chance of a Grand this year.
That's not being "hard headed," it's just being consistent.
Here is what you said, own it.
"-0- chance of anything opening up in May. Very little chance for the Open or the Grand, unless by some miracle a vaccine or cure suddenly becomes available. Illinois governor Pritzker has been very aggressive in prohibiting large gatherings, and besides, he's anti-gun anyway."

1 - 20 of 40 Posts