Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 20 of 136 Posts

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Which one and WHY No judgmental sniping please. This will be an interesting thread

·
Premium Member
3,131 Posts
Both

I can't compete as much as I'd like to. But, if I had more money and if there were more registered shoots in my area...

trap & skeet

·
Banned
3,554 Posts
you can only do something so many times before you start asking yourself, why am i doing this?
then, you come to realize that its like building a sand castle, where every year it gets knocked down and you have to start all over again.

for that reason....im a club shooter. i find meeting people and a new club setting more interesting than scores.....compared to doing the same thing over and over again.

·
Thorn in your side
8,114 Posts
you can only do something so many times before you start asking yourself, why am i doing this?
then, you come to realize that its like building a sand castle, where every year it gets knocked down and you have to start all over again.

for that reason....im a club shooter. i find people and a new club setting more interesting than scores...and doing the same thing over and over again.
Why would you have to start all over every year? Do you forget how to shoot every Jan 1? I wonder how you remember to get dressed in the morning. Must be hell waking up in a new world everyday.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Have shoot for many years started when 17 shot till I was 25 then stopped started again last year and love it I’m now 63 and enjoy the friends I have meet . I don’t know that I will ever compete ,most guys I shoot with are great but some of the completive shooters are too picky and not fun to shoot with

·
Registered
583 Posts
For the last 20 years I’ve considered myself to be a competitive shooter, However I believe time and age are catching up to me, I still enjoy shooting and will continue to , but I don’t have the fire to compete like I once did

·
Registered
932 Posts
As a father of five, time and money don't allow me to travel to shoot registered targets. But I will shoot all the local ATA shoots. That is by far my favorite thing to do. But outside of those 5-6 I will still shoot as much as I can. It's all fun!

·
Registered
2,417 Posts
I have to really bear down when I'm shooting something like derbies or leagues. Don't do that stuff nearly at all. Shooting registered gives me enough drive to be the best that day at the shoot. I'm too competitive for my own good sometimes.

·
Premium Member
87 Posts
I shoot and enjoy both.league on Wednesday night,practice Saturday if not a ata with in driving distance.in our old world.

·
Registered
2,168 Posts
I turned more in to a club shooter over the last 5 or 6 years .Be it Trap or what ever . If it flys it goes kaputt ,at least most of the time .

·
Registered
7,254 Posts
Was competitive at one time..don't have a home club anymore...and haven't pulled a trigger for almost 2 years so now I'm a no shooter.

1 - 20 of 136 Posts