Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Shot 200 of the Clever T1 Mirage shells today - 1145 #8. Really liked them. Curious what anybody else’s experience is with them. I had never heard of them before today

·
Premium Member
97 Posts
I have shot at least 10 flats of the 1145 ,1 1/8,8s love them. 4 flats of the 1,250 did not care for them seamed very slow. Just my experience.

·
Registered
6,116 Posts
Just another in the long line of Eurotrash ammo.

As such, they will work fine in some guns and not in others.

Just another reason I reload.

Good Luck and Good Shooting!

·
Premium Member
11,895 Posts
Fine for 16 yards.

The stuff they sell here in the USA has pretty soft shot.

I think the stuff they sell for the European market might be better quality. Their top of the line ammo is commonly used in Olympic/ISSF events.

·
Registered
2,390 Posts
Any of the shells that have a steel base, you need to try a box in your before buying a bunch of them. Some work in some guns, some don't. My Ljutic will shot Gun Clubs and Top Guns but there is no way it will eject Winchester Super Targets, Cleavers, Aguila, and Fiocchi shells. There probably are others that I have not tried. For example today I am going to try the new Federal Grands but I am taking extra AA shells just in case.

Edit: I tried shooting the Federal Grands in my Ljutic and I shot one box and had to knock 5 of them out and there were about 5 or 6 others that started to stick but did eject before I could get them knocked out. Needless to say I shot a box of AA's for the second round. I will either need to find a home for the Grands or I can shoot them in my O/U which will eject them.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Fine for 16 yards.

The stuff they sell here in the USA has pretty soft shot.

I think the stuff they sell for the European market might be better quality. Their top of the line ammo is commonly used in Olympic/ISSF events.
Tim,
Would you please provide a link to your shot testing thread? Thank you.

·
Premium Member
245 Posts
The 1145's that I shot seemed to have soft recoil but I think there a little slow as tim said. Didn't care much for them think I stick with reloads or maybe estates for a practice shell

·
Registered
4,343 Posts
o/ufan725:

As has been mentioned already all Clever shells have a steel base. If that isn't an issue - and it shouldn't be in your 725 - Clever's are perfectly good target shells.

Shells labeled T-1 have the soft shot. Clever also makes T-2, T-3 and T-4 shells. The higher the number, the harder and better the shot is. Of course they are also more expensive. All I've seen for sale in the U.S. are T-1 and T-3. The T-1 are fine for singles and doubles. The T-3 (aka the 'Magic' line) is as good as anything available for long distance handicap.

I don't remember what they cost but I ordered 15 flats of T-1 (one ounce 8's) for delivery at last year's Grand. And... I'll be sending an order to my local supplier in a week or two. My supplier's price for one ounce T-1 8's is $62/flat out the door. Ounce and an eighth T-3 handicap loads are $67/flat.

Happy shooting whatever you shoot.

sissy

·
Registered
480 Posts
Our kids shooting team tried to shoot them. We ordered around 20 flats during the Grand. We had roughly one bad primer for every 50 shots. I talked to Gamiels, who put me in touch with Crow Shooting supply. Crow sent replacement shells with no questions asked. Shockingly excellent customer support.

Todd

·
Registered
32,283 Posts
I am sometimes humored about all the talk about soft shot. The hard shot we had back in the 70’s is the soft shot we have today, around 4%. It was back in the 70’s that people like Ray Stafford, Gene Sears, Brett Robinson, Gary Carmichael and soooo many others that can be added, were breaking records and winning championships.

·
Registered
58 Posts
My sporting clays club has been stocking them for a few years and I've shot a few dozen flats of them. So far, so good.

eta - shooting them in various Citoris and a Guerini.

·
Registered
686 Posts
I have 3 flats of the T1 Mirage 1145 #8's sitting in the gun room as I type. Would have many more, but as has been mentioned they are slightly hard to come by. I generally buy quite a few flats at the shell house at the Grand each year.

In my personal experience I have had good luck with them. They do not stick in the gun that I shoot (TM-1), and the recoil is very minimal. They also are not real pricey. Put all of that together and for me that is a pretty decent combination. Add that I've shot some decent scores with them and you also have the confidence factor thrown in. For me that is all a win-win. Break a bunch of them, Jeff

1 - 19 of 19 Posts