Trapshooters Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
14,531 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All- I have both barrels on my kolar pro-port pigeon ported. I absolutely love it. However, the porting from the lower barrel leaves a pretty heavy residue on the bottom of the over barrel, which is pretty difficult to clean off. I've been able to get most of it off with a plastic brush and oil, but some still remains, and its pretty time consuming to get off. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
95 Posts
SLIP 2000 markets a product called Gas Piston and Parts Cleaner. Sold in pints, quarts, and gallons. It's non hazardous with no strong smell. I Just wipe it on and the burnt powder and residue just disintegrates from my porting. I soak my choke tubes and gas pistons in it for a few minutes and everything just wipes off. They are as clean as new.
Tom Dulin

·
Registered
71 Posts
I see many wipe the bbl. after every shot .

I put some oil/grease on the bbl/s , especially around the ports .

After shooting, just wipe it clean .

·
Registered
14,531 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks guys. I think i'll try the chemical route before I try anything stronger than the plastic bristle brush i'm using now. Will try to find the Slip 2000 or shooters choice products as soon as I can.

Thanks guys!

·
Registered
544 Posts
Wipe barrels down with Break Free before you put them to bed and wipe them with a rag that has been sprayed with Break Free after shooting and the residue never has a chance to stick.

HBT

·
Premium Member
3,491 Posts
I have used Eszox for a couple of years. It is a good cleaner but a little expensive for use as a primary cleaner - I use it basically as a treatment. When the gun is warm apply it to the outside and inside - really good at preventing rust from sweat and also reduces anything sticking to the gun -
When I clean the inside of my barrels - I clean out all oil with BoreScrubber then apply the Eezox - let it set then run a dry patch through the barrel - then really wipe the chambers dry----it is a great product - just wish it had a little better odor.

http://www.eezox.com/

·
Banned
311 Posts
I use Ed's Red. It cleans the bore of plastic wad build up, powder fouling and does a great job on cleaning the ported area of the barrels.

·
Registered
417 Posts
On the one gun I have with ports (GRRRRRR!) I use the same grease I do on the hinge etc. and just wipe a thin layer around the ports and upper barrel. The last thing I do when putting it in the case is wipe that grease off, any crud comes with it.

I know this will work for 150 rounds, but it may require another application if any rounds over that are shot.

·
Registered
309 Posts
Breakfree clp will work fine, please don't use any stainless or and other kind of steel on the outside of your barrel if you want to retain the good looks. Nothing you can put on it before hand will keep it from getting dirty, the temps are just too high but a coating of clp can't hurt.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.