Trapshooters Forum banner

Cleaning Ponswess Warren primer tray

2634 Views 30 Replies 22 Participants Last post by  Steve12
What do you use on your tray so your primers slide smoothly.My 200 primer tray has a lot of hangup lately.
Steve
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

· Registered
1,167 Posts
Per the techs at MEC. I use Pledge furniture polish. It gets the dust out and leaves a really slick surface. The primers slide with ease down the tray. It should work on the metal tray and even down the track. It doesn't make a mess. I have not found it gum things up. Been using it for about three or four years.
You can clean the tray and track with finger nail polish remover first if it is really dirty.

· Registered
544 Posts
I wipe my PW down with Tri Flow sprayed on a towel. Then spray some on a cotton swap and clean the entire primer station and assembly. After I do this it will still properly feed primers when there are only 10 left in the chute, compared to when it gets dirty the primers will struggle to feed half way up.

· Supporting Vendor
6,376 Posts
Any paste wax will work. Clean the surface with alcohol, apply paste wax, let it dry, buff with a soft cloth.

Reactions: Steve12
1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.