Trapshooters Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
907 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would just pickup some new ones and call it done that way you know what has had what in it.

6 years of reloading shotgun shells I have never clean my powder bottle but I have tried to clean my shot bottle using WD40 and a rag before. I wouldn't use WD40 in your powder bottle but it dose work some what in your shot bottle.

·
Registered
808 Posts
When they get that dark they are probably getting brittle as well around the neck. If you ever had a full bottle of shot break at the neck when you pulled the handle you will not soon forget it. Pitch them and buy a couple new ones.

·
Registered
2,459 Posts
I have a large capacity bottle made by Lou of Basic Machine Design; it holds an entire 25lbs of shot. It is awesome! Heavy duty, well made, bullet alum. base with drain tube portal.

His number is 484-241-1136. It would be the last bottle you'd ever have to buy for your loader and it stays transparent too so you can see your shot.

Guy Babin

·
Registered
269 Posts
The 25 lb. shot bottle is extremely well made and always worked well.....until I started using reclaimed shot. The inconsistant sizes of shot gets caught between the base and the bar.

If someone figured out a fix for this, let's hear it; I miss not using the 25 pounder.
John (CREEK)

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
C'mon guys, just use a 2 liter soda bottle with a hole cut in the bottom to fit the red plug of the MEC bottles. Works great.

·
Registered
687 Posts
Go with the basic design bottle! A two liter bottle is not designed to hold 25 pounds of anything. Try searching the web for basic design shot bottle. You will be happy. Then buy a new powder bottle, I use the long one, could not be happier with the set up.

·
Registered
6,231 Posts
Here's the solution, guaranteed to work:

Take a 32 ounce bottle of Formula 409.

Take a 32 ounce bottle of Windex (original formula, not the fancy crap).

Then walk across the street to your neighbor's house and say, "Hey, would you please give me $7 for these two bottles of cleaner?"

Then take his $7 and buy yourself a new Mec bottle.

-Gary :p

·
Registered
67 Posts
I have to add my 2 cents. We spend hundreds or even thousands of dollars on our machines, the same for our components, but we try to save $10 on a plastic bottle.
I was walking onto a field one day with another shooter, in front of us was a guy carrying a beautiful K gun. B4 he got to station 1, he bent over to pick up a 2 cent hull, and my friend and I started laughing because we all do the same thing.
Scrappy

·
Registered
1,833 Posts
gdbabin,

I've been trying to get one of those bottles from Lou at basic design for about a year now. He keeps telling me I am on his list or that he is getting the material together (that shouldnt be hard, it's only roung aluminum and acrylic tube) or he doesn't have the time, etc.. So I am waiting.

Chuck

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.