Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yes, Need suggestions and/or ideas on cleaning lead shot.

Long story Short: Purchased locally former Trap shooters supplies Primers & Lead shot

· 6 Bags Lead Shot (mostly in ziplock bags & 2 bags factory burlap)

In 1 of the Ziploc bags of lead, I am guessing that some type of oil leaked onto the original bag at 1 point and coated the lead shot with oil.

The other 5 bags Appear to be OK. I transferred the shot out all the bags to double check.

Any suggestions greatly appreciated (including transforming this lot into BALLAST for something) :18:

Thank You.

·
Registered
1,400 Posts
The above will work, if it's not sunny,use a tarp in garage floor put a fan on it.you can get graphite at most auto stores.

·
Registered
136 Posts
I use a electric concrete mixer lead is self cleaning let turn for 30 min I use a leaf blower blow out most of the dust and graphite mix 20 min use a good dust mask reload and enjoy

·
Registered
2,239 Posts
If only 1 bag is tainted, do as suggested to clean it, then put the clean and dried shot into an empty 2 liter soda bottle with 1 teaspoon of powdered graphite. You can lay the bottle on the floor and roll it back and forth to coat the shot.

A LITTLE GRAPHITE GOES A LONG,LONG WAY.

JMHO, Pat

·
Registered
11,141 Posts
If you have a old beat up towel dump the shot on the towel and remove the oil. Throw towel in the trash. Load the shot. No real need to graphite a small bag of shot if your loading 12 ga. shells. It gets important to use graphite in your shot when loading the 28 and 410 bore though. break em all Jeff

1 - 8 of 8 Posts