Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
830 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Kolar forceing cone is very hard to clean, I clean my gun after every shoot. I'm using International Clays powder. The cone looks like it is not smooth. I have to use a oversize brass bore brush to ream it out clean.
anyone else have a problem? Thanks Gordy

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
I have a TS and a friend has a TA. They are the same way. The forcing cone gets streaks in them and it is very difficult to remove no matter what is used.

·
Registered
10,869 Posts
Spray some non-chlorinated Brake Cleaner down the barrel and let it sit for a few minutes. This should clean up your problem PDQ. break em all Jeff

·
Registered
366 Posts
As far as cone looking smooth my Krieghoff barrels look the same as my Kolar. But the best thing I have found to clean the forcing cone is a brass brush from
RMF Associates, Rodge-F Sports division, 202 Carolyn road, Union, New Jersey 07083-9403 phone# 908-687-9355. Got mine at the Grand in Vandalia after
talking to the Krieghoff gunsmith, they used the same brush and talked very highly of them. Don't know if they still have them, I've had mine for 25 years. You have to use some elbow grease to use this brush but it will clean it well without any solvent.

·
Registered
2,168 Posts
Cordless screwgun , 10 Ga brass brush on a short extended cleaning rod and either brake cleaner or Hoppe's elite bore gel . As a finish a cleaning patch ,that all works great

·
Registered
'07 Kolar Max TA 3bbl set, Jeff Mainland fitted
2,744 Posts
I use those bore brushes RogR used to sell that fit in a drill chuck. Someone is still making them and they work great.

·
Registered
3,977 Posts
Roger Furness died several years ago, what he sold were 20mm canon bore brushes. Sometimes you can find them on eBay. Been using mine for about 30 years and and it only takes a few seconds to clean cone & choke areas.

·
Registered
'07 Kolar Max TA 3bbl set, Jeff Mainland fitted
2,744 Posts
Yep, Roger had a vending space at PSSA shoots and I have a good supply on hand with protected rods that fit from either end of the barrel. They'll never wear out and always do a good job. I believe someone else is selling them now, though. Maybe the guy with the big cat who's wife makes molded ear plugs. Judy's things???

·
Registered
3,977 Posts
Those 12 gauge brushes you find with 10-32 threaded end for a cleaning rod are useless. This is a 20mm bore brush that Roger started selling in the early 90’s back then I bought this and a extra brush for $15 never used the extra brush as this one won’t wear out in my lifetime.
6574DF7A-06EA-4642-A66B-A4F4CFCBF398.jpeg

·
Banned
933 Posts
Take a worn 12 gauge bronze brush and wrap it with 0000 steel wool. Put the brush on the short end of a 3 piece cleaning rod with adapter. Chuck the rod into a drill. Soak the barrel with WD-40. Make a few passes with the brush and 0000. Yea I know WD-40. But it works for this purpose. Most of what you see is plastic wad buildup. The above will smooth out the cones somewhat.

·
Registered
6,862 Posts
Don't know where I bought mine, but it is actually tapered to clean the forcing cone. It came with a handle and it is about 12" long when put together.

I just chuck it up to my electric drill and using some bore cleaner, I clean it. Comes out really great.

I think I bought it from a vendor at a state shoot many years ago. Sorry I can't be of more help.

Hauxfan!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts