Trapshooters Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
854 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
shooting my k-80 with my buddys drop in briley 28 gauge tubes, shot his reloads, dont know what powder, it burnt on to the face of my action , cant get it cleaned off to save my a$$, like i said its burnt, any suggestions, i clean my guns after every outing [habit]. havent used any abrasive, i usually use wd-40 to clean my barrels, since its done after every shoot, certain chemicals scare me to b used around my guns [to harsh].

·
Registered
10,458 Posts
Real fine steel wool works the best. I use it along with a liquid cleaner like slick2000 but it will work dry also

·
Registered
399 Posts
Carb or brake cleaner. Spray on cloth first then put on dirty area. Reduces the risk of coming in comtact with wood. Its cheap and it works. I do it on Krieghoff, Perazzi, Grulla, ect.
Mike Sharkey, DC

·
Registered
76 Posts
Let me get this straight, K80 owner is afraid of being around chemicals that are too harsh, yet sprays WD-40 on his beloved treasure? Like the others said, brak-kleen, gun scrubber, etc and 4/0 steel wool. BTW, pitch the WD-40 and buy some decent gun oil. You may keep the WD if you need to lubricate something delicate like anchor chain or use it for it's original intent, water displacement, hence the WD part. This has been discussed many times before here, doesn't anyone read these things?

·
Registered
111 Posts
I use Flitz polish on my breech face, It cleans it like new then i apply a light coat of Break free CLP. Nothing sticks after that it's a simple wpie of a cloth clean Richie

·
Registered
9,529 Posts
Carb cleaner with a mild abrasive pad should do it. Carb cleaner is inexpensive, but it is less expensive if you buy it in a gallon can labeled acetone in the paint department than if you buy it in a spray can labeled carb cleaner in the auto parts section. Acetone is most expensive if you buy it in the ladies make-up section under the label "finger polish remover". But, no matter what the label is, acetone works well.

Pat Ireland

·
Registered
11,024 Posts
You do not need to use abrasives on your K-80. Use a tooth brush and some Hoppe's #9 bore cleaner. HMB

·
Registered
854 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
wow, were not doing the wd-40 thing again, check brownells tesr, i have alot of it and just spray the bbls, is it harsh u think.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.